Skycatcher For Sale

Got something to buy or sell? Post it here!

Moderator: drseti

snaproll

Skycatcher For Sale

Post by snaproll »

Placing my father's Skycatcher C162 on the market if anyone is interested. N162YE has under 100 hours TTAF and Engine, recently added second MFD and Autopilot, stored in hangar at RIR since new, no damage, condition inspection through 1 September, and all bulletins complied with. My father, Ray Stits, passed away 8 June of natural causes, and had flown Young Eagles in the Skycatcher two weeks prior. Asking $70K or best offer for the C162. Will post a picture when available. VR.. Don Stits I can be reached at [email protected]
MrMorden

Re: Skycatcher For Sale

Post by MrMorden »

snaproll wrote:Placing my father's Skycatcher C162 on the market if anyone is interested. N162YE has under 100 hours TTAF and Engine, recently added second MFD and Autopilot, stored in hangar at RIR since new, no damage, condition inspection through 1 September, and all bulletins complied with. My father, Ray Stits, passed away 8 June of natural causes, and had flown Young Eagles in the Skycatcher two weeks prior. Asking $70K or best offer for the C162. Will post a picture when available. VR.. Don Stits I can be reached at [email protected]
Read about your dad's passing, condolences. He really helped a lot of airplane owners with his products.
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
snaproll

Post by snaproll »

MrMorden wrote:
snaproll wrote:Placing my father's Skycatcher C162 on the market if anyone is interested. N162YE has under 100 hours TTAF and Engine, recently added second MFD and Autopilot, stored in hangar at RIR since new, no damage, condition inspection through 1 September, and all bulletins complied with. My father, Ray Stits, passed away 8 June of natural causes, and had flown Young Eagles in the Skycatcher two weeks prior. Asking $70K or best offer for the C162. Will post a picture when available. VR.. Don Stits I can be reached at [email protected]
Read about your dad's passing, condolences. He really helped a lot of airplane owners with his products.
Thanks Andy... He was 12 day shy of his 94th birthday and still flying the 162.. VR.. Don
SportPilot

Post by SportPilot »

Last edited by SportPilot on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

Don, condolences on the passing of your father. Good luck selling the airplane.
drseti

Post by drseti »

A lot of EAAers (including me) would love to be able to own Ray's personal airplane. As the designer of something like 15 different aircraft, as well as having founded EAA Chapter #1, he was legendary, and inspirational. I consider myself honored to have known him. Had I not just signed a deal to buy another SportStar, I would probably have snapped this up!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
snaproll

Post by snaproll »

drseti wrote:A lot of EAAers (including me) would love to be able to own Ray's personal airplane. As the designer of something like 15 different aircraft, as well as having founded EAA Chapter #1, he was legendary, and inspirational. I consider myself honored to have known him. Had I not just signed a deal to buy another SportStar, I would probably have snapped this up!
Paul,
Ray had a memory like an elephant.. I talked to him about you and he not only remembered you, but also described you and your impressive background. Thanks for the kind words.. VR... Don
snaproll

Post by snaproll »

Skycatcher sold July 8th. VR.. Don
drseti

Post by drseti »

Don, that's great news. Even better was learning that the new owner is going to continue Ray's tradition of giving kids Young Eagles flights in it. A fitting tribute to his memory.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
snaproll

Post by snaproll »

drseti wrote:Don, that's great news. Even better was learning that the new owner is going to continue Ray's tradition of giving kids Young Eagles flights in it. A fitting tribute to his memory.
Thanks Paul. Ray had flown over 2,000 Young Eagles between his C182 and later the C162. He even changed the N number to 162YE (Young Eagles). The new owner is an avid Young Eagles supporter so 162YE will continue supporting this effort. The tradition will continue... VR.. Don