Ferry Pilot - Tecnam P2008T

Finally, a place for sport pilot instructors and/or wannabees to talk about instructing.

Moderator: drseti

Ergo1

Ferry Pilot - Tecnam P2008T

Post by Ergo1 »

Hi
I’m looking for an experienced pilot to ferry my plane from Danbury CT to Mexico. The plane has a Garmin Autopilot and Garmin screens. I’d do it myself but am getting to old for this journey. But for the record, I’ve done this flight in the past with another aircraft.
Thank you
Eric home phone 845 520-6249 (landline) - please leave message
[email protected]
drseti

Re: Ferry Pilot - Tecnam P2008T

Post by drseti »

Eric, I passed this on to the guy who ferries for me. His response:
Thanks, Paul... but I don't do Mexican deliveries. Too crazy down there these days.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

Ergo1, I have to agree with drseti’s ferry pilot. Anyone in their right mind would forgo the last part of your repositioning flight. Being that you have made this flight in the past, maybe you could find time to fly the last hop into Mexico yourself? Find a ferry pilot to take your plane to a Texas or AZ airport and when able, you fly the last leg. Just my 2 cents.
Ergo1

Post by Ergo1 »

Thanks for the replies!
I’m curious about what the pilot feels is “too crazy”.

You need to find a port of entry in Mexico, paperwork for the local officials, approval, then you are free to travel the country. I found that at the point of entry airports you can usually find an”expeditor” for a small fee that will get all paperwork approved in record time and you are on your way!
Given I’m older and have a much slower aircraft than in my past flying career, I’d like to have the luxury of having the plane delivered.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Ergo1 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:49 pm Thanks for the replies!

Probably related to never ending stories of scores of people being skinned, decapitated, burned , murdered with a chainsaw or some other terrible way ..and then left of rot on in the middle of a city square for everyone to see …but that’s just my wild guess….
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Ergo1

Post by Ergo1 »

Warmi wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Probably related to never ending stories of scores of people being skinned, decapitated, burned , murdered with a chainsaw or some other terrible way ..and then left of rot on in the middle of a city square for everyone to see …but that’s just my wild guess….
Hi Warmi
Loved your response! It made my day!!
fatsportpilot

Post by fatsportpilot »

You'd have to fly to a pretty awful part of Mexico for that to happen. It isn't like every city in Mexico is cartel central. I've been to places in the USA that are worse than 90% of Mexico so as long as you avoid the 10% you'll be fine.
Sling 2 Pilot

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

[/quote]

You'd have to fly to a pretty awful part of Mexico for that to happen. It isn't like every city in Mexico is cartel central. I've been to places in the USA that are worse than 90% of Mexico so as long as you avoid the 10% you'll be fine.
[/quote]

But here in the US, I can protect myself, not so much in Mexico
Warmi

Re: Ferry Pilot - Tecnam P2008Ta

Post by Warmi »

fatsportpilot wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:46 pm

Good for you , enjoy the place then.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois