7th Annual 2013 Page, AZ. Fly-In

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

roger lee

Post by roger lee »

Lake Powell, Escalante, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon, Bullfrog Marina Resort...
Make those reservations now. It's time again to work on the Page, AZ Fly-In. We changed a few things last year that added some new fun. We did the river raft trip the day before the actual Fly-In day which turned out with about 16-17 couples. It was a great raft trip. I would highly recommend it.
We flew up to the town of Escalante and we were treated very well and shuttled around. We'll be back again this year. We changed up some of the routes last year which turned out well so we'll do it again.

The Page, AZ. Fly-In date is October 17-20, 2013

We will fly the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Escalante (breakfast), Monument Valley (breakfast), Zion Canyon and Bryce Canyon (breakfast), Bullfrog Marina and Resort (breakfast).

I have blocked off 40 rooms. We will be changing hotels this year and going to the Holiday Inn with a rate of $66 (2 queen beds). I hope to have a record number of CT's and LSA aircraft for our Page Fly-In. Just like last year make the reservations early so you don't miss out and the hotel won't hold all 40 rooms forever.

Do not wait this year. Book it now and you can cancel up to 24 hours before Oct. 17th. Get it booked and reserved, then if you have to cancel you can, but if you wait again then you may not be staying with the rest of us and at your own peril for rates and possibly a different hotel. They book darn near the whole town in October.

Tell them you are with the "CT Group" your reference and the rate is $66 a night. We will arrive Thursday morning, Oct. 17th. and head home Oct. 20th. Sunday or Monday morning. Breakfast is free in the mornings. This hotel has not only a continental breakfast, but a full breakfast.
I talked to the people at the Ranch House Grill and they will cater our evening meals again. We will have evening meals together Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Holiday Inn Express PAGE-LAKE POWELLy
Ask for Courtney
751 South Navajo Drive, Page, AZ 86040
928-645-9000

We will fly into the Page airport - KPGA.
We are staying with Classic FBO and with our group we should get a 30 cent discount on fuel.
Classic is not the first FBO next to the runway, but the second one behind them.

The Antelope Canyon tour and the Dam tour is open if anyone wants. These are land tours.
You guys are welcome to invite other planes that are not CT's and everyone is welcome. Find some more LSA's.

I will develop GPS coordinates for all our routes and post them so you can enter them in your own GPS. I have a plan to better deal with all our planes for our flights so they are not crowded in the mornings or evenings.

Don't miss this, we always have fun.

p.s.
I would like everyone coming to shoot me an email so I can put together a roster, make name tags and set up call signs like we did last year. If you attended last year and we had your personal info then just say you are coming. If you did not come last year then I would like the email to include: N#, Names of you and co-pilot, cell phone number, city, state.
This is a big help for me to last year to organize our fly outs since we have so many planes and gives old friends and new friends a way to contact each other if need be.

Thanks,
Roger Lee

Something new has been added. (This was lots of fun last year)
A 1/2 day raft trip on Wed. Oct. 16th from Glen Canyon Dam down to Lee's Ferry.
The trip starts in Page (at 1100 hrs) where we will take a shuttle bus down below the dam. We will board a 20-22 person raft and travel down river for about 1.5 hrs. and get out for drinks and photos. Then back in and on down to Lee's Ferry. We board a bus that takes us back to Page and arrive around 1600-1630 hrs. There is no white water just a nice trip down through the canyons. The cost for all of this is $87 a person. The phone number for the reservations is 928-645-9175.
Don't be left out, I know of at least 6 people that have already signed up so don't be late to make the boat, sign up now. They have a 48 hr. cancellation policy and you get it all back except a $7 charge. This means you will have to arrive in Page Oct. 15th.
BRING YOUR HAT, SUNGLASSES AND SUNSCREEN.
Here is the link: http://raftthecanyon...day-raft-trips/

What else is new?

We will fly all our routes in reverse this year to offer a big change in scenery.
We are going to do the Grand Canyon flight in reverse. We will enter the flight corridor on the west end and come back to the east. As we come out of the North east corridor we will land at Marble Canyon strip where we will have breakfast at their restaurant.

Time is growing close and rooms are going. If you have never been it's like no other Fly-In any where. Mostly couples and it's like a big family reunion.
What are you waiting for, let's go, I'm already signed up. :D
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
LSRM-A, Rotax Instructor & Rotax IRC
(520) 574-1080 (Home) Try Home First.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Re: 7th Annual 2013 Page, AZ. Fly-In

Post by roger lee »

There is, but a short time left before the fly-in and it's closing fast. When it gets closer and any of the rooms are left over we will lose them. I have had several say they were coming, but hadn't made their reservations. Then don't forget to let me know your coming.

Make your reservations soon. You can always cancel if need be up to 24 hrs. prior.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Post by roger lee »

Please remember to sign up for this river trip. We had 32 people last year. I just got off the phone with them and a few have signed up. Make sure you tell them you are with the "CT" group. Because of a road washout the trip doesn't make it quite all the way to the end at Lee's Ferry. It get's almost to the end and they turn around a raft back up to the start. You can reserve a lunch too. Because of Glenn Canyon dam security you will not be allowed to carry any type of bag that is not clear and see through. No backpacks, purses, belly pouch, canvas carry all's. Absolutely no bags unless they are see through.
This shouldn't be an issue since you won't need anything down river anyway. If you must take something make sure it is in a clear see through bag.

A 1/2 day raft trip on Wed. Oct. 16th from Glen Canyon Dam then return back up river via raft.
The trip starts in Page (at 1100 hrs) where we will take a shuttle bus down below the dam. Check in time is 1015 to 1030 hrs. We will board a 20-22 person raft and travel down river for about 1.5 hrs. and get out for drinks and photos. Then back in and back up river to the dam. We board a bus that takes us back to Page and arrive around 1600-1630 hrs. There is no white water just a nice trip down through the canyons. The cost for all of this is $87 a person. The phone number for the reservations is 928-645-9175.
Don't be left out, people that have already signed up so don't be late to make the boat, sign up now. They have a 48 hr. cancellation policy and you get it all back except a $7 charge. This means you will have to arrive in Page Oct. 15th.
BRING YOUR HAT, SUNGLASSES AND SUNSCREEN.
Here is the link: http://raftthecanyon...day-raft-trips/
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Post by roger lee »

If you've made Page Fly-In reservations and emailed me your info, perfect.

If you have made reservations and not emailed me please do.

If you haven't made reservations yet shame on you. Don't procrastinate any longer. Come on over and join all the rest of us for the 7th fun year at Page. You never know when this fun event may be on its last year.
Fly whatever you want to fly just be there for the laughs and the absolute best scenery in the country.

We are going to have 1-2 new CTLSi planes there so they can do a show and tell on Saturday. Plus we'll be setup so you can ask all your maint. questions about the Rotax 912 or the new fuel injected engine.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
ct4me

Post by ct4me »

The 2013 Page CT Fly-in was a hoot! 22 aircraft, absolutely wonderful weather and a great group of people!!! Each day we'd break up into smaller groups and fly through some of the most visually stunning areas on this Earth. Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Lake Powell... over and around countless Parks and Monuments. Here's one flight, to Bullfrog airport via lake Powell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0dxMlilV0E
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

ct4me wrote:The 2013 Page CT Fly-in was a hoot! 22 aircraft, absolutely wonderful weather and a great group of people!!! Each day we'd break up into smaller groups and fly through some of the most visually stunning areas on this Earth. Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Lake Powell... over and around countless Parks and Monuments. Here's one flight, to Bullfrog airport via lake Powell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0dxMlilV0E
Yikes! If I heard that sound in flight, I'd have to make a precautionary landing! :shock:

Seriously... Awesome scenery. It must have been a great time.
- Bruce