2015 Annual Page, AZ. Fly-In

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

roger lee

2015 Annual Page, AZ. Fly-In

Post by roger lee »

More info here:

http://ctflier.com/index.php?/topic/315 ... az-fly-in/

The time has come. If you said you were going to wait until next year then that time has come. This will be my last year to be the front runner for this event. Someone else can take it over (it isn't that tough). If no one does then this is our last and it's time to step up and come have fun with us one last time. More fun than you can have in any one place with people from all over the country.

After I get the river trip setup then you all can copy and paste this post to other flying websites. All are welcome CT or not.

Annual 2015 Page, AZ. Fly-In

biggrin.gifLake Powell, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon, Bullfrog Marina Resort...
Make those reservations now. It's time again to work on the Page, AZ Fly-In. We changed a few things last year that added some new fun. We did the river raft trip the day before the actual Fly-In day. It was a great raft trip. I would highly recommend it.
We changed up some of the routes last year which turned out well so we'll do it again.

The Page, AZ. Fly-In date is October 15-18, 2015

We will fly the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley (breakfast), Zion Canyon and Bryce Canyon (breakfast), Bullfrog Marina and Resort (breakfast).

I have blocked off 30 rooms. We will be at the Clarion Inn with a rate of $65 (2 queen beds). I hope to have a record number of CT's and LSA aircraft for our Page Fly-In. Just like last year make the reservations early so you don't miss out and the hotel won't hold all 30 rooms forever.

Do not wait this year. Book it now and you can cancel up to 24 hours before Oct. 15th. Get it booked and reserved, then if you have to cancel you can, but if you wait again then you may not be staying with the rest of us and at your own peril for rates and possibly a different hotel. They book darn near the whole town in October.

"You must tell them you are with the CT Group" for your reference and the rate of $65 a night. We will arrive Thursday morning, Oct. 15th. and head home Oct. 18th. Sunday or Monday morning. Breakfast is free in the mornings. This hotel has not only a continental breakfast, but a full breakfast.
I talked to the people at the Ranch House Grill and they will cater our evening meals again. We will have evening meals together Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Clarion Inn

Ask for Illisa IF you have any issues with your reservations.
751 South Navajo Drive, Page, AZ 86040
928-645-9000

We will fly into the Page airport - KPGA.
We are staying with Classic FBO and with our group we should get a 30 cent discount on fuel.
Classic is not the first FBO next to the runway, but the second one behind them.

The Antelope Canyon tour and the Dam tour is open if anyone wants. These are land tours.
You guys are welcome to invite other planes that are not CT's and everyone is welcome. Find some more LSA's.

I will develop GPS coordinates for all our routes and post them so you can enter them in your own GPS. I have a plan to better deal with all our planes for our flights so they are not crowded in the mornings or evenings.

Don't miss this, we always have fun.

p.s. biggrin.gif
I would like everyone coming to shoot me an email so I can put together a roster and make name tags. If you attended last year and we have your personal info then just say you are coming. If you did not come last year then I would like the email to include: N#, Names of you and co-pilot, cell phone number, city, state.
This is a big help for me to last year to organize our fly outs since we have so many planes and gives old friends and new friends a way to contact each other if need be.

Thanks,
Roger Lee

The River Raft trip (don't miss it). Give me a couple more days to get this trip set up so don't call them until you see a reservation number posted.
You must refer to this Reservation Number: (to be announced) and tell them you are with the CT group.
A 1/2 day raft trip on Wed. Oct. 14th from Glen Canyon Dam down to just above Lee's Ferry.
The trip starts in Page (at 1100 hrs) where we will take a shuttle bus down below the dam. We will board a 20-22 person raft and travel down river for about 1.5 hrs. and get out for drinks and photos. Then back in and on down close to Lee's Ferry. Then we turn around a high speed boat back to the start. There is no white water just a nice trip down through the canyons. The cost for all of this is $87 a person. The phone number for the reservations is 928-645-9175.
Don't be left out, I know of at least 6 people that have already signed up so don't be late to make the boat, sign up now. They have a 48 hr. cancellation policy and you get it all back except a $7 charge. This means you will have to arrive in Page Oct. 13th.
BRING YOUR HAT, SUNGLASSES AND SUNSCREEN.
Here is the link: http://raftthecanyon...day-raft-trips/

What are you waiting for, let's go, I'm already signed up. ;)
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
LSRM-A, Rotax Instructor & Rotax IRC
(520) 574-1080 (Home) Try Home First.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Re: 2015 Annual Page, AZ. Fly-In

Post by roger lee »

We may have to beg for more rooms. We're almost 7 months out and only 8 rooms left. They're going quick.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Post by roger lee »

Rooms are going quick.
Last edited by roger lee on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Post by roger lee »

Only 5 rooms left. If you are thinking of coming better make those hotel reservations soon. It's a big group this year.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Post by roger lee »

We have 36 coming from all over the US now. Obtaining more rooms may be a little spotty now. You'll have to call the hotel to check availability.
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Post by roger lee »

So far 36 LSA aircraft coming from all corners of the US. If you have been there you need to go. What a great time. Some people coming from Canada and Europe.

p.s.

I have just rented a 12 passenger van to help shuttle people around were they want to go. We usually share the driver runs as needed.

Avis Car rental is right at the airport. They usually give us 30%-40% discount. If you call them tell them you are with the CT group and the Fly-In in Oct. If you forget or have already made reservations for a car they will honor the rate when you walk up to the counter and identify yourself with the group.

Avis Rent-A-Car - Page Municipal Airport Car Rentals
At the Page airport main terminal.
(928) 645-2024
avis.com
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
roger lee

Post by roger lee »

We have about 39-40 LSA aircraft coming this year. I big turn out.

Here is some info for the GPS, flight rules and a flight card.

I would highly recommend you print these out and bring them with you.

Looks like we will also be adding Escalante (1L7) for another breakfast flight. This was a great place a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIq_Cr7_q_4
Attachments
LINEUP CARD - PAGE 2015.pdf
(59.27 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
Page 2015 Flights.docx
(85.2 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
Flight Rules.doc
(30.5 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

roger lee wrote:We have about 39-40 LSA aircraft coming this year. I big turn out.
Here is some info for the GPS, flight rules and a flight card.
I would highly recommend you print these out and bring them with you.
Thanks a lot Roger. 8)
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
roger lee

Post by roger lee »

Dinner Thursday night starts at 1730 hrs. at the Ranch House Grill. BBQ ribs and baked chicken plus all the sides. This is just 2 blocks north of the hotel.
819 Navajo Drive
Roger Lee
Tucson, Az.
(520) 349-7056 (Cell)
ct4me

Post by ct4me »

The 2015 Page CT/LSA fly-in is in the history books and it was great!

Because of weather issues getting to Page AZ, some folks couldn't make it, and others dropped because Page weax looked iffy. Still, we had around 30+ aircraft, including some RV12s, Tecnam, Sportstar, and even a Marchetti s.205 (not LSA).

Hearty fliers came from as far as Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas, and Washington state. One person came all the way from Belgium, just for the fly-in! 44 people showed up for the final dinner, held at the Antelope marina on the Lake.

Weather was definitely an issue, but it only "dampened" our flights a bit. Encouraged by those who regularly fly in challenging weather (PA, FL, WA etc) we managed to work in trips over Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Escalante, Bullfrog, and even Bryce/Zion.

Mark your calendars for 2016... the exact dates are not set yet, but you can count on mid-October 2016 for the next CT/LSA Page fly-in.
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com
drseti

Post by drseti »

Tim, I'm curious who flew in from PA. I want to talk to him or her about the route chosen and the overall flying experience. Also, whose SportStar made it in?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
ct4me

Post by ct4me »

We had quite a crowd from PA... 'great group of guys. Matt Schrauder & Mark Henck (728rw), Tip Rufner & Ivan Stefanic (60tr), Joe Hanz & Battesilli (463ct). John Langan, from Santa Barbara, came in the Evektor.

'Bout time for you to make the trip?!
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com