2016 9th Annual CT/LSA fly-in - Oct 13-16

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

ct4me

2016 9th Annual CT/LSA fly-in - Oct 13-16

Post by ct4me »

It's time to mark the calendar and arrange for some time off! CTFlier.com is proud to host the 9th Annual CT/LSA fly-in in Page Arizona. OCT 13-16

Come and join a great group of people for a fly-in in one of the most scenic areas of the World. See Monument Valley, the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon and Zion! It's a casual affair with organization and direction for those who want it... or you are free to fly and explore as you wish. Besides flying, there's great hiking, boating, and many different tours. And we've arranged 40 Hotel rooms with a great rate!

More info is available at CTFlier.com, and we'll keep you updated here as well.

Lake Power video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_enqzMqsnMg
Pics from Past fly-in: https://picasaweb.google.com/1176468656 ... 2289014290
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com
ct4me

Re: 2016 9th Annual CT/LSA fly-in - Oct 13-16

Post by ct4me »

It's only 4 months away. Room availability is dwindling as $65/night is incredible for Lake Powell in October. Great flying weather in the most scenic spot in the USA. Plenty of LSAs... lets see you RV-12, Remos, and SportCruiser fliers!
Imagine some flying like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtVgFmHIIGM
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

This gathering last year is the best time flying I've ever had. I will be there again this year.

It's a 1600nm flight each way for me, and I'd say it's definitely worth the trip from anywhere in the USA.
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
Cluemeister

Post by Cluemeister »

MrMorden wrote:This gathering last year is the best time flying I've ever had. I will be there again this year.

It's a 1600nm flight each way for me, and I'd say it's definitely worth the trip from anywhere in the USA.

At 115 knots, that's 14 hours of flying without stops. :shock:

Each way :shock:
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

Cluemeister wrote:
MrMorden wrote:This gathering last year is the best time flying I've ever had. I will be there again this year.

It's not as scary as it sounds. It's just two days of two 3-4hr flights per day. We stopped for gas in Oxford, MS, then flew to Norman, OK and stopped for the night. The next day we stopped for gas at Tucumcari, NM, and then on to Page. We landed about 3-4pm the second day.

Two days out, two days back, three days at the fly-in, flying every day. That's how an aviation vacation is supposed to work! :D
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

Cluemeister wrote:

Nah, its only 10 hours to come home (but 20 hours to get there)
ct4me

Post by ct4me »

Just a reminder... 3 weeks until the fly-in. Rooms still left. Mid-Oct weax is usually incredible.
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com
ct4me

Post by ct4me »

Just over a week away! Rooms still available. 10-day forecast is showing Perfect 75/54 Sunny weather. Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Bryce/Zion and Sedona beckons!
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com