Traffic Service Unreliable - What the Hell is This?!!

This forum is for safety-related discussions. Be safe out there!

Moderator: drseti

CTLSi

Re: Traffic Service Unreliable - What the Hell is This?!!

Post by CTLSi »

Nomore767 wrote:Andy,

Don't forget he is a fairly new pilot and the info he's quoting is coming from…Wikipedia!

Morden has less time in the air than I do...and has flown fewer aircraft types than I have...and has far less time in complex and busy airspaces than I do...and has no hands-on experience with ADS-B or TCAS.

Did you find inaccuracy in the Wikipiedia aviation expert's information? Please cite specifics, thanks.
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

CTLSi wrote:

Don't forget he is a fairly new pilot and the info he's quoting is coming from…Wikipedia!

Morden has less time in the air than I do...and has flown fewer aircraft types than I have...and has far less time in complex and busy airspaces than I do...and has no hands-on experience with ADS-B or TCAS.

Did you find inaccuracy in the Wikipiedia aviation expert's information? Please cite specifics, thanks.
I won't waste my time answering your questions because you've never once answered any one of mine. For example, you say you have more time than Andy so tell us what your background is with actual experience, qualifications and flight time. I suspect you won't and so you make the point.

I don't use Wikipiedia as a source for TCAS like you have to…I have manuals and years of training experience in the real world.

Argue a point if you must but please stop wasting our time trying to to impress us with experience and technical authority that you simply don't have. Frankly its frustrating and you're embarrassing yourself.
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

I've flown with Andy I would not hesitate to fly with him again, regardless of his total time or experience level.

I'll leave it at that.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
drseti

Post by drseti »

CTLSi wrote:Morden has less time in the air than I do...and has flown fewer aircraft types than I have...and has far less time in complex and busy airspaces than I do...
And I suppose you're going to tell us he has a smaller penis than you? C'mon, guys, this is not a competition. Let's stay on topic!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

CTLSi wrote:

Just because people don't have the money to buy all the fancy toys like you doesn't make them less of a pilot.

The last I heard Atlanta was the busiest airport in the US, so I would bet that Andy has plenty of time flying in and around busy and complicated airspace.
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

drseti wrote:
CTLSi wrote:Morden has less time in the air than I do...and has flown fewer aircraft types than I have...and has far less time in complex and busy airspaces than I do...
And I suppose you're going to tell us he has a smaller penis than you? C'mon, guys, this is not a competition. Let's stay on topic!
Paul,

He can't, and won't stay on topic, for whatever reason, and so he resorts to personally attacking posters who ARE staying on topic.
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

CTLSi wrote:

Interesting. I don't recall sending you copies of my logbooks. You have zero basis for this assertion. I'd bet every point above is wrong.

Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Quad City, and Oshkosh during the big show are all pretty complex and busy...
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

CTLSi wrote: Morden has less time in the air than I do...and has flown fewer aircraft types than I have...and has far less time in complex and busy airspaces than I do...and has no hands-on experience with ADS-B or TCAS.
Stop this nonsense.
You are so full of BS. Take it elsewhere.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

drseti wrote:
MrMorden wrote:Is it theoretically possible for TCAS to cause a midair? Sure. So is time travel. No evidence either has happened though.
Time travel is more than just theoretically possible. Please read again what I posted tomorrow.
Paul, do you need an LoA to install a Flux Capacitor?
drseti

Post by drseti »

Dammit, Howard, I wish you'd stop asking. I answered that question next Tuesday!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

I haven't asked you yet! You need to make an adjustment.

All I know is…it' 5 o'clock somewhere.
drseti

Post by drseti »

I'll drink to that.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
designrs

Post by designrs »

From AOPA:

“We are working to get answers for our members,” said Rune Duke, AOPA director of air traffic and airspace. “This notam has caused considerable alarm and much confusion, while giving pilots little time to prepare. The long duration, ambiguous language, and short notice of this notam are all cause for serious concern. We have spoken with representatives of the FAA and the Department of Defense and will continue to pursue this until we get the answers pilots need.”

More:
http://bit.ly/1N9Lqir
drseti

Post by drseti »

NOTAM has been rescinded. See this article:

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All- ... A-concerns
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

drseti wrote:NOTAM has been rescinded.
As in "We're still doing it, now we're just not going to tell you about it so you can't complain"... 8) :lol:
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA