What's Happening at Tecnam?

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

slsaowner

Post by slsaowner »

Anybody know what's going on at Tecnam USA? At least four dealerships have disappeared off their Web site Dealer Page in the last few weeks.
EppyGA

Post by EppyGA »

Just a guess, but I would assume that it's just finding dealers that can sell the plane. I know the Chesapeake folks bought a couple of Eaglets recently and seem to be doing fine. You can always write and ask [email protected] and ask. Everyone that is trying to sell LSA's wants to sell a winner and make money. I've flown in the Bravo with the distributor and like the airplane. I would guess anyone that wants to purchase is watching closely to see who's going to fall out in the marketplace. There are a lot of choices out there so one has to wonder who will be around 2,3, 5 years from now. Flight Design has a good base here. The flight school I use has been trying to sell a Zodiac for months and can't get rid of it.

Randy Epstein
slsaowner

Post by slsaowner »

I've just heard from a CA Bravo owner that Tecnam has imposed such onerous new requirements on their dealers that many of them are just giving up. I greatly fear Tecnam USA is rapidly imploding.
vwvectors

Post by vwvectors »

Slsaowner out of sheer curiosity could u give us some for instances .
Opinions are like armpits everybody has a couple & they usually stink .
EppyGA

Post by EppyGA »

It could be that they are looking for good qualified dealers rather than just anyone who thinks they can sell the plane. They would certainly want folks who believe in the plane to represent it and that have the resources to do so.

Randy
tadel001

Post by tadel001 »

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Tecnam USA. Yes, some dealers have changed. Tecnam actually doesn't bury its dealers like some other manufacturers. We bought 4 Eaglets. We have purchased 2 more. Tecnam has been the backbone of our flight school. Our Sierras fly over 100 hours each month in the summer and the P92s fly about 90 hours each.

Tecnam is picky about its dealers. It wants someone that knows the plane and can train in the plane. I don't know what onerous new requirements your Bravo friend is referring to. The terms of the dealership have been the same for well over year. Nothing has changed since last year. (I can't speak before that year because we weren't an active dealer for them before last summer).