LSAs for Rent?

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

kc7rad

LSAs for Rent?

Post by kc7rad »

Well, there are no... I mean NO LSAs here in Vegas so I will likely need to spend the money and get a PPL OR try to buy a LSA of some sort.

I was just wondering what sort of LSAs are available for training out there. I mean 3 axis, not trikes or parachutes.

Anyone???

TIA
Ken - KC7RAD
CTflyer

Post by CTflyer »

If you can afford to buy a plane, you should really consider going for full PPL.

With a PPL you can fly just about any small plane in the USA. And there are a lot more rental non-LSA's than rental LSA's. You won't be nearly as limited as the sport pilot flying an LSA.

Also, if you haven't already, take a look at the Instructor Database on the middle tab in the top half of this page. There you can find EAA listed sport pilot instructors. And the Flight School and Rental finder:

http://sportpilottalk.com/FlightSchoolandRentals.htm

And some guys will actually fly across the country to a flight school for a two week "vacation" where they just take sport pilot lessons. Then they go back home and buy there own plane. Not for everybody, but some guys are able to afford to do it.

Good luck.
Tom
rsteele

Post by rsteele »

You may be able to find a school that has a sport pilot eligible certified aircraft, a Cub or Areonica Champ are the most common. You might have to work with them to get them to sign do Sport pilot program. Any instructor can train you, its just that you won't need to do night flight, little to no hood time and the cross countries are shorter.

Ron
sethdallob

Post by sethdallob »

I know that there is a Eurofox in NV - I think it's at VGT. A guy out there bought the N5ZF that was at Palo Alto.

If you don't might driving a couple of hours, my instructor at Brian Ranch (CL13) in the California High Desert was an excellent instructor. We're going to fly our wives to Oceano this Sunday.