Roadable aircraft flies!

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

N701RB

Roadable aircraft flies!

Post by N701RB »

I'll bet you won't see one of these in the showroom very soon. But, still quite an accomplishment! :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHXnLCIgNug
Cub flyer

Post by Cub flyer »

We landed on that runway a few months ago. Great place for test flying.

Old bomber base. The runway was HUGE
N701RB

Post by N701RB »

Looks like he was pretty near the stops on the elevator just to maintain altitude! :shock: Knowing that, I'll bet he had to land at a fairly high airspeed and throttle setting!
Cub flyer

Post by Cub flyer »

I'm guessing the canard was not as good as they hoped. The main gear is so far aft you would need 100 mph to rotate. The three surface should let it lift off in a fairly flat attitude but looks like that did not work. With every pitch control deflected it's a lot of drag.

One video I saw had some sound. It was pretty loud. Not sure what exhaust type.

But it flies and that's something. I'm sure they'll get the bugs worked out. Hopefully it's not something like the Moller Skycar project. This one looks a lot more promising.

They could have a far forward CG for testing also. If it was only ballasted forward then they should make some other flights very soon.