Yet another new LSA!

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Daidalos

Yet another new LSA!

Post by Daidalos »

Well the LSA market keeps growing. This one certainly captures the imagination. The twin tail is reminiscent of an Ercoup and gives the same fighter plane look. Time will tell. I was surprised and impressed with the +/-6 load factor. Looks like it will be easy to get in and out of.. It has folding wings that may make it easy to trailer. The pusher configuration may be a problem for cooling during taxi. They are a little unclear about baggage storage space. .

http://www.sadleraircraft.com/home.html
Marcus - WA2DCI
PP ASEL Instrument

Daidalos Greek: Δαίδαλος
Remember don't fly too close to the Sun.
AZPilot

Post by AZPilot »

Wow,Sadler, that sure is a blast from the past. We old guys remember the UL series.

Interesting that it is from Roseburg OR, where the new Allegro is going to be built.
CFIIMEI
Daidalos

Post by Daidalos »

It has more than a fighter plan look! It has a heritage.
In 1997 Mr. Sadler contracted with Turkish Aerospace Industries to develop the Piranha air-to-ground attack fighter. The Piranha weighed just 1450 pounds and boasted a useful load of the same. It was powered by a 450hp water-cooled aluminum-block V8. The power-to-weight ratio was so great that the Piranha was capable of verticle climb rates over 4000 feet per minute.

The new Sadler Vampire LSA is a carryover from the military designs developed by Mr. Sadler. The Vampire LSA's main wing spar is actually stronger than the Pirhana's, and much of the technology, including the folding wing design, landing gear, airframe construction, and control mechanisms are borrowed directly from Sadler's military craft.
See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyO14gRRzU4

Imagine calling ATC as "Vampire N95MX"
Marcus - WA2DCI
PP ASEL Instrument

KSCessnaDriver

Post by KSCessnaDriver »

Seen this "LSA" on a few different websites. From everything I've seen, it sure looks like it has retractable gear, especially with the history of the airplane. I hope it's got fixed gear, so that it is LSA, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
KSCessnaDriver (ATP MEL, Commerical LTA-Airship/SEL, Private SES, CFI/CFII)
LSA's flown: Remos G3, Flight Design CTSW, Aeronca L-16, Jabiru J170
Daidalos

Post by Daidalos »

KSCessnaDriver wrote:Seen this "LSA" on a few different websites. From everything I've seen, it sure looks like it has retractable gear, especially with the history of the airplane. I hope it's got fixed gear, so that it is LSA, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
“Fixed tricycle landing gear with trailing link suspension” See: http://www.sadleraircraft.com/specs.html

I’ve also posted in another forum and got a lot of feedback. The point was “Yet another new LSA”. They are only taking deposits right now. Their website has contradicting information; check out the PDF spec sheet versus the webpage. It shows a different engine. Just like cars I wouldn’t buy the first model year and this isn’t even out yet. I believe only a few of the LSA leaders are going to survive this market economy.

But you have to admit it looks sexy.
Marcus - WA2DCI
PP ASEL Instrument