Experience with E-LSA's.

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

rickdog67

Experience with E-LSA's.

Post by rickdog67 »

Hi all. I was wondering what experience you guys had with some of the ELSA's available now. It's a while down the road for sure, but I would like to eventually get a truly affordable option for flying. I think it would be fun to build an aircraft, and be able to do your own work to it. BTW, what's a torque wrench?

Just kidding,
Rick
rsteele

Post by rsteele »

I think there may be one or two ELSA kits available, but I'm not aware of any for sale at this time. Supposedly Van's RV12 will be ELSA, but I'm not sure how that can be since there is no SLSA version to define the specification for it. There are many EAB kits that meet the LSA spec, but that's a whole other thing.

What particular kit(s) did you have in mind?

Torque Wrench - what one you use to tighten a torque, is suppose. You know, like a basin wrench to tighten a basen or a monkey wrench to tighten a monkey.

Ron
rickdog67

Passed my written

Post by rickdog67 »

Woo hoo! 90%, start flying tomorrow.
stardust

LSA Kits

Post by stardust »

Evektor will have the new Quick Build SportStar kit available for inspection at Oshkosh. Factory reports 200hr build time, price is $60,000
rickdog67

Post by rickdog67 »

A little too rich for my blood :(
Super Cub

ELSA

Post by Super Cub »

Sportcruiser advertised a quick build but I don't know if any where ever sold. I would be interested in it as a kit. It's a beautiful plane.
rickdog67

Post by rickdog67 »

It appears to be several out there, daydreaming for now. I looked at Zenith, that seemed to be some decent little planes.