Cubcrafters

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

jeffbennett13

Super Sport Cub for 800' strip

Post by jeffbennett13 »

First, there is not more room in the back of the Sport Cub than other LSAs. We teach in one and it is snug but not uncomfortable for me, and I am 6'1". If you are sticking to light sport, save yourself 75K and buy an older "regular" Sport Cub S2 with the performance package. Put a climb prop on it, or better yet a ground adjustable prop and swap to the cruise setting in the winter when you get better performance anyway. If you fly mostly by yourself, you won't have any problems unless you have HUGE trees at both ends. Just keep it climbing at Vx until you clear then ease out the flaps and nudge the nose over. The plane slips very well, and with practice you can slip over the trees with a wide margin, then dump in all 50 deg of flaps to setup a short but stabilized approach. Just make sure and start arresting the glide early since you will be at over 4 deg approach angle. The heavy slip, way more than you could slip any tri gear plane, will allow you to drop in to set up your final approach without gaining speed. Plus, its just a lot of fun to practice. Don't do it without warning you wife first. Now if CC would just get a mogas STC we could run them a little cheaper..... Any questions give me a call. We may have a Super SC at out open house this fall in NC.
seastar

Super Sport Cub

Post by seastar »

Thanks for the reply Jeff!
That's the kind of input I was looking for.
When is your open house?
Let me know if you are going to have a SSC there and I will try to come and see/fly it.

I am still looking for short field information/performance on the Eurofox.
Has anyone flown one?
Bill
pitfield

Eurofox / Aerotrek

Post by pitfield »

I have about 1.5 in a Eurofox. I found it a great little aircraft. It is very well finished. The panel is superb. Visibility is great. It is responsive. It is stable. And I liked it a lot. If there is one thing that I wasn't wild about, it would have been the relatively modest space for baggage. I'm sure the guys that own them have found ways to accommodate stuff to their satisfaction.
If you're anywhere near southern Califonia, there are two guys flying a pair of Eurofoxes out of Llano:
http://n5083f.blogspot.com/
and Bob Camperini
http://www.fly-ul.com/
I flew with Bob and he was a great host. He's very happy with his aircraft for obvious reasons.
You'll also find the importer, Mr. Rollison, eager to help. I have found him helpful, thoughtful, and not at all inclined to spin tales. http://www.fly-aerotrek.com/
The aircraft isn't present in Canada to the best of my knowledge, so I don't know of anybody else who might provide you with insight.
Best wishes....
jeffbennett13

Sport Plane Open House at Oak Island Airpot (SUT) Nov 1

Post by jeffbennett13 »

Red Sky Aviation will host a "light sport day" Sunday November 1, 2009. On hand will be reps from Cubcrafters, Gobosh, SportCruiser, and we are working on Remos, as they have a rep near here as well. Should be a great day, help us and wish for good weather in coastal NC. Any questions give Jeff an email [email protected]. For those who have asked already, I don't know if we will have a super sport cub available or not. Our rep had one that got purchased quickly, and they are working on getting him another by the open house. If not, we will have at least two sport cub S2 performance models.