LSA tires

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

seastar

Tires

Post by seastar »

Looks like the question is still open to a degree.
I understand the theory of higher tire pressure vrs tube squirm but think that very hard tires can add shock to the airframe and gear on landing and will wear out the tire rapidly.
Higher pressure will also lower braking and steering ability.
Wet surface adhesion will also be reduced.
I think the manufacturers should address this saftey issue before someone is killed or injured.
Bill
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

all of my flats were from the cheap tubes chafing. twice it was on a sticker edge inside the tire. expensive michelin tubes fixed it without increasing pressure.
Jim Stewart

Post by Jim Stewart »

I've been running Monster Retreads and Airstop tubes, inflated to POH specification, and haven't had a problem in 300-400 landings. As to the tube squirm, I did use a liberal application of tire talc (available from Dresser) when I mounted them, and maybe that helped.
JRamos9920

LSA Tires

Post by JRamos9920 »

Desser Tire now has an Aero Classic 8 ply 400-6 "Premium" that should last several more hours.
-John Ramos-
[email protected]