Amazing Tecnam Sierra Video

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

tadel001

Amazing Tecnam Sierra Video

Post by tadel001 »

One of our instructors and students did the following video in an IFR Tecnam Sierra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqAaQKjWsfU
sethdallob

Post by sethdallob »

That is amazing! Please spill the beans on the camera mounts!!
Bill

Post by Bill »

"Amazing" is an appropriate adjective in the title of the this thread. I thoroughly enjoyed the vide. I am, too, interested in learning about the camera mount(s).
--
<i>If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
Selling Personal Checks and Business Checks helps pay for the 'Coupe.</i> :)
--
KSCessnaDriver

Post by KSCessnaDriver »

Make that 3 of us on the camera mounting. Awesome video. I would love to find an LSA that's IFR equipped/rated. What sort of paperwork is done to get them IFR certified?
KSCessnaDriver (ATP MEL, Commerical LTA-Airship/SEL, Private SES, CFI/CFII)
LSA's flown: Remos G3, Flight Design CTSW, Aeronca L-16, Jabiru J170
tadel001

Post by tadel001 »

The cameras were actually tapped to the wing using Painter's Tape. Inside the cockpit, they used suction mounts.

IFR LSA is dependent upon the manufacturer and equipment in the plane being permitted by the manufacturer to fly IFR. In other words, if the prop, avionics, airframe, engine are all permitted to by flown IFR by their manufacturer, then it can be done. That particular plane has a Garmin 530 (IFR), Advanced Flight System (IFR), 912S (IFR), Sensinich Prop (IFR), etc.
KSCessnaDriver

Post by KSCessnaDriver »

Thanks for the info. I think it would be really awesome to have somewhere local to fly an LSA in IFR, but alas, there is nothing around these parts along those likes.
KSCessnaDriver (ATP MEL, Commerical LTA-Airship/SEL, Private SES, CFI/CFII)
LSA's flown: Remos G3, Flight Design CTSW, Aeronca L-16, Jabiru J170
sethdallob

Post by sethdallob »

tadel001 wrote:The cameras were actually tapped to the wing using Painter's Tape. Inside the cockpit, they used suction mounts.
You mean the blue stuff you buy at home depot to help you keep paint off windows, etc.?? I can't believe that stuff would hold a camera! Were they bullet cams or something else??