Just bought a 2010 Skycatcher

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

ryoder

Just bought a 2010 Skycatcher

Post by ryoder »

I just bought a 2010 Skycatcher N52040.
It's in the shop right now getting an annual, tires, wingtip, and polish.
I have a few hundred hours in a Mooney and a PPL. The plan is to get my cfi-S in this SLSA and teach my friends how to fly.

The 162 has dual G300s and XM and a ground power receptacle. I am looking into getting the trutrak AP installed.
Merlinspop

Re: Just bought a 2010 Skycatcher

Post by Merlinspop »

Congrats!

Are you planning to charge for your services and for the aircraft?
- Bruce
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

ryoder wrote:I just bought a 2010 Skycatcher N52040.
It's in the shop right now getting an annual, tires, wingtip, and polish.
I have a few hundred hours in a Mooney and a PPL. The plan is to get my cfi-S in this SLSA and teach my friends how to fly.

The 162 has dual G300s and XM and a ground power receptacle. I am looking into getting the trutrak AP installed.
Congratulations!
Where will you be operating from?
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

You'll love it. I know I do.
Retired from flying.
ryoder

Post by ryoder »

I'm going to hangar it at my friends house X05 in Pilot Country. It's a nice flyin community north of Tampa. Thirty minute drive for me.
I won't be charging for services but will only train friends and family.
Thanks for the welcome. I'd like to join or start a Skycatcher owners club. Any suggestions? We need it now since Cessna is no longer selling them.
DennisPersyk

Post by DennisPersyk »

Just curious why you need a TrueTrack AP? The Skycatchers with Dual Garmin 300 panels came with a very sophisticated two-axis AP.

Dennis Just sold my Skycatcher on Barnstormers.
HAPPYDAN

Post by HAPPYDAN »

Auto Pilot was an option on Skycatchers, like the auxiliary power receptacle, wheel pants, engine primer, MFD and BRS. I have flown 4 different C162s, and I much prefer the basic version with just a PFD. Regardless, Enjoy!
ryoder

Post by ryoder »

The Cessna autopilot is a trutrak.
I'm happy with the purchase. I have already replaced the mfd as it was turning black intermittently and this only cost 375 to get a refurbished which is actually new replacement from Garmin. We also had to fix the rudder pedal adjustment bracket which was broken in half and made it difficult to operate the rudder when pedals were not full forward.

Next up is the exhaust. Anyone have a recommendation on exhaust repairs? The tail pipe is pitting and I don't trust the heat. This was a trainer at Albert Whitted and I think the exhaust is more worn out than normal for about 1400 tach time. I don't see the 162 system on any sites other than cessnadirect and that is very expensive. I'd love a powerflow but I don't think they make one.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

Your choices are buy a new replacement or send yours out for repair to someplace like this. http://www.dawleyaviation.com/