Stings with rockets .

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Jim Hardin

Re: Stings with rockets .

Post by Jim Hardin »

Just having some Light fun with this :D

When it comes to the pipe dream of arming light aircraft, you cannot imagine how disappointing it was to have F-5s show up for close air support! Our normal friends were F-100s and B-57s. Of course an AC-47 at night was always a crowd pleaser.

Un-guided rockets? Like a blind man with a shotgun on a quail hunt :shock:
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Warmi wrote:Btw. TL Ultralight imho tends to make very good looking planes but ...the new Stream, I don't know, it seems rather ugly.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and fortunately not everyone has the same taste in aesthetics. :wink:

Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Well, there is something off about it ... to me it almost seems like two different planes glued together - there is no flow to that shape :-)

I will tell you that your Zenith ( in your signature ) actually looks better to me ( and frankly, as far as LSAs go low wing Zeniths are pretty good looking planes )

Of couse, by typical GA standards (Cessnas etc ) , this plane still looks like a beauty :-)
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

We had a couple of T-34s just out of the Air Force inventory that were given to the Vandenberg AFB aero club in the mid-sixties that I loved to fly, and the Stream reminds me of them (albeit with a more organic look thanks to the composite construction). The Stream would likely be nearly as much fun, but with a much lower ticket price. :wink:

This one was in the Moffett Field aero club.

Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)