Vashon Ranger

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

RTC'83

Re: Vashon Ranger

Post by RTC'83 »

I flew the Ranger this morning (In The Patter, DTO). I really enjoyed the experience. I have time in the Jabiru (J230SP) and Piper Cub. The Cub helped me to dance on the rudder while taxiing, need some more time to get use to the breaks and nose wheel. As per the flying, easy to maneuver and a joy to fly. Where it exceeded my expectations was on landings. Followed the numbers and power settings, clear picture of aiming Point and it just eases right in.
Will continue my transition training, getting use to the plane and the great Skyview HDX.
For those Pilots wanting to experience the Ranger, and are near DTO, give ITP a call you’ll have a wonderful time.
RTC’83
Sport Pilot
JimParker256

Post by JimParker256 »

Finger check... The flight school is called "In The Pattern" at KDTO.
Jim Parker
2007 RANS S-6ES (Rotax 912ULS)
Light Sport Repairman - Airplane - Inspection
Farmersville, TX
malexander

Post by malexander »

JimParker256 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:24 am Finger check... The flight school is called "In The Pattern" at KDTO.

Thanks Jim, I looked them up. I actually talked to Kurt Robertson while he was enroute delivering THAT plane.
RTC'83

Post by RTC'83 »

JimParker256 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:24 am Finger check... The flight school is called "In The Pattern" at KDTO.
8)
RTC’83
Sport Pilot