Seeking Paradise P-1 Experience

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Siddhartha

Seeking Paradise P-1 Experience

Post by Siddhartha »

Hello everyone, I'm currently considering a used Paradise P-1 S-LSA. Does anyone have any experience with this aircraft - especially handling qualities (it's supposed to be similar to a Cessna 150 and the Texas Aircraft Colt S-LSA but I haven't been able to fly it yet myself), and any unusual or problematic maintenance issues? Also, I'm not sure if parts are still available from the Brazilian manufacturer at this time, so sourcing some parts could be problematic.

My plan is to do some long cross-country work so a high-wing would be better for sightseeing and the 75-lb baggage capacity in back is really appealing too for camping and survival gear.

Thanks!
drseti

Re: Seeking Paradise P-1 Experience

Post by drseti »

I actually got a half-hour checkout flight in a Paradise about a decade ago. There were no surprises; it flew like just about any other Rotax-powered high wing LSA. But at the time, IIRC, there were only about 2 of them in the USA, and it didn't seem like anyone was supporting them here. Engine parts and service should be a non-issue, but I have to wonder what one would do if there were any airframe issues. So, one might just have to convert to experimental to keep one flying.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
hopmeamadeus

Re: Seeking Paradise P-1 Experience

Post by hopmeamadeus »

JWAviation in Bolingbrook IL (1C5) used to have a P1, though I'm not sure if they still do. Might be worth a call anyway. I know at the time, all of the factory repair manuals were in Portuguese, so you'll also have to account for that.