CTLS Thoughts and Venting

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

rfane

Re: Difficult to fly - NO, just different

Post by rfane »

thorp wrote:Rant
:shock:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm suspecting there is seriously something wrong with this guy.

I'm done with this thread, and likely this forum as well. I understand the choice to not censor the comments on this board. Fine, but if the moserators choose to allow personal attacks, without regards to facts, then I've got better places to go to.
Roger Fane
Former owner of a 2006 Flight Design CTsw
frfly172

Post by frfly172 »

Roger sorry to see you go.I would hope the discussions could be spirited as opposed to persoal attacks.I left the CT board for a more open forum on all light sport aircraft and light sport topics.Every pilot believes their aircraft is the best Good luck with your ct
Roger

CT Fly-in

Post by Roger »

Throp,

I'll be happy to pay your round trip fuel costs to the CT Fly-in in Page Az Oct 15th to the 18th so we can all discuss issues in person. Please bring proof of "aggressive advertising campaign" with you!! That was a good one

Hope to see you there....

Roger H :lol:

ok, you're probably right about the skycatcher so we can leave that off the table!!

Oops, almost forgot - what's wide variation mean? And if it's what I think you mean - how did you figure that out? Just curious.
Roger

ctflyer board

Post by Roger »

firefly172,

Your right about www.ctflyer.com being dedicated to one airplane company however we do have a forum on the Rotax Engine which many of the light sports use. Also there is avionics information. I believe folks would find good information and worthwhile discussions on many items pertaining to other light sport aircraft but you are right - it's aimed at one aircraft.

I think we have close to 14,000 posts which is pretty amazing. We also have folks who can fix/repair/maintain all LSA aircraft listening, watching, contributing etc.

You can also find out about our Fly-Ins - the next being in Page Az. While it's mainly CT's, other light sport aircraft are certainly welcome to join in on the fun.

Roger H
thorp

Re: CT Fly-in

Post by thorp »

Roger wrote:Throp,

I'll be happy to pay your round trip fuel costs to the CT Fly-in in Page Az Oct 15th to the 18th so we can all discuss issues in person. Please bring proof of "aggressive advertising campaign" with you!! That was a good one

Hope to see you there....

Roger H :lol:

ok, you're probably right about the skycatcher so we can leave that off the table!!

Oops, almost forgot - what's wide variation mean? And if it's what I think you mean - how did you figure that out? Just curious.
Roger,

I think that you have been far more honorable than CharlieT or some of the others (such as R Fane), because you are at least open about the fact that you are biased towards the CTSW, and havent made it look like the plane is perfectly wonderful unless you are some kind of idiot pilot.

The information about the wide variation in the CTSW comes from several sources, all of them mechanics who have worked on the plane, including even CharlieT himself, who posted that when Gary(A&P) flew his plane the first time, that he remaked on how it was one of the better ones out there.

That type of remark has been made numerous times by mechanics who have worked on the CTSW.

The plain truth is that the CTSW is not a manufactured aircraft, but one that is in fact hand built.

A trivial example of that is the engine mounting bolts. You wont find two of them that have the bolts in the same locations, with the same amount of spacers. The list of variations just goes on and on.

That doesnt mean that the CTSW is a bad plane. You could take the positive spin that it is like the Rolls-Royce, hand built.

Or, you could just enter the no-spin zone and tell it like it is: all these planes are hand built and have sufficently wide variation to make each one unique.

Thanks for the offer to attend Page, for the second time, however I will not be available during that time.
garyo1939

Post by garyo1939 »

artp wrote:
CharlieTango wrote:even without the corvairs and smokers involved your logic remains hard to follow.
Let me make it as simple as possible for you. I should not have to wait a month or more for parts. There should be enough authorized service centers in my region that I don't have to wait a month for an appointment.
For a person who wants someone else to do all the work and be resposible for it all, no matter what, right?

Hey you should have bought Cessna or waited for the Skyscraper. They are very familiar with doing everything for you. They even have the parts you want. I don't understand why an intlignet person such as yourself could have fallen for all the others LSA hype and bought one without a garranteed service shop around every corner. (sp, i know)

Dumbfounded here...
GARY N ORPE