I passed my checkride!

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

MikeB

I passed my checkride!

Post by MikeB »

Yes! I passed my checkride on 12/16/08, for a Private Pilot Certificate. Now I can "officially" be a pilot mentor to other students, and I can be a volunteer with the Young Eagles! And I can do all kinds of other things. But right now I'm just going around telling everyone that I passed my checkride!
To all you students: You can do it too. Never give up. You'll get there.
CTflyer

Post by CTflyer »

Bravo Mike!

That is probably the best feeling you'll ever have, Mr. PIC.

When you've come back to earth (!), take some time and tell us details about the checkride. They usually have one or two surprises ...

Well done! Enjoy that perma-grin!

Tom
FLA-CFI

Post by FLA-CFI »

Congrats....you now have a license to learn!
Adam

CFI-SP, Light Sport Repairman - Maintenance, Rotax Cert.
Orlando, FL
EppyGA

Congrats

Post by EppyGA »

Congratulations to you. I passed mine on 12/13, just over 38 years since I started!! Family and lack of funds got in the way for 36 or so years!

My DPE tried to get me before we left the runway. As we started the take off roll he looked out his window and said "Looks like the tire just blew up, pieces flying all over the place" I reached over, pulled the throttle and started to abort at which point he said, "Okay let's go"

Good luck to you. Weather up here in Atlanta hasn't been good enough the fly since.

Randy
Randy Epstein
DKarnage

Post by DKarnage »

That's awesome!
Congratulations Mike!
and
Congratulations Randy!
SkySteve

Post by SkySteve »

Mike and Randy,
Way to go!! It's a great feeling to be a Licensed Pilot! You both have worked hard and earned that right. Go have some fun exploring the skys. There is nothing on earth quite like being able to leave the earth at your command.

Go have fun. And Randy, I do understand taking 38 years to complete getting a ticket to fly. I started my journey in 1972 and completed it in 2007 due to just the things you mentioned in your post.
Steve Wilson
Huntsville, UT
Kitfox
Convertible Nose Wheel & Tail Wheel
912A / Warp Drive Prop
Bill

Post by Bill »

Congratulations Mike and Randy, PILOTS!

That is a major milestone in your lives. You are now a member of an elite few who can take to the skies on their own. Enjoy! And fly safe.