Accelerated Training?

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Paul Hamilton

Post by Paul Hamilton »

Greg,
I looked at your web site, found you to be a qualified instructor and added you to my sport pilot locator for others to find.

http://lsapilot.beasportpilot.com/sport-pilot-locator/

Best,
Paul
Paul is a Sport Pilot CFI/DPE and the expert for ASA who writes the books and produces the DVD's for all pilots flying light sport aircraft.
See www.SportAviationCenter.com www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com and www.BeASportPilot.com to Paul's websites
smokiescfi

Post by smokiescfi »

Thank you Paul, and thank you for all that you have been doing to support the Sport Pilot community.
Greg Collins
ATP, Gold Seal Master CFI, A&P Mechanic, IA
Blue Ridge Sport Flight LLC
http://www.blueridgesportflight.com
Paul Hamilton

Post by Paul Hamilton »

KSCessnaDriver wrote: I know some places, that if you got 14 nice days, could get the whole private pilot course done. So, I would think 10 days would be plenty for a light sport rating.
Goodluck
Yes nice days with at least 2 to 3 hours of flying per day. It also helps to study all the training materials and take the written knowledge test ahead of time. Accelerated training from scratch is like trying to drink all the water from a fire hose rather than a drinking fountain. Study as much as possible (drink as much water as you can) so you are not starting from scratch.

Accelerated training provides an economical way to get your pilot certificate and may be a good option for many but it is fast and furious to understand, apply and correlate all the knowledge needed to be a safe pilot.
Paul is a Sport Pilot CFI/DPE and the expert for ASA who writes the books and produces the DVD's for all pilots flying light sport aircraft.
See www.SportAviationCenter.com www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com and www.BeASportPilot.com to Paul's websites