Knowledge Test This Weekend

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

KevinV

Knowledge Test This Weekend

Post by KevinV »

I'm ready for the knowledge test and have my sign off sheet. I think I'll go take it tomorrow. I used the Gleim Test Prep kit and in addition to reading the whole Pilot's Handbook, I used some supplemental material that aided in my understanding. It also helped me to find areas that I want to study more in depth for enjoyment. The breadth and depth of aviation related knowledge is unbelievable. I love to learn and think flying and the study of it should keep me busy for the rest of my days. :)
Bill

Post by Bill »

Good luck with the test. However, from reading your description of "learning" I doubt that you will need any luck. You are obviously well prepared. Keep us posted.
KevinV

Post by KevinV »

So much for the best made plans. I didn't take the test this weekend, but did continue to study. I was feeling a bit puny when I woke up yesterday and didn't feel much like venturing out. All in due time.
KevinV

Post by KevinV »

I took and passed my Sport Pilot Airplane knowledge test this morning. There were a few questions that had me stumped, but I did well on the exam and am very happy with the direction that I received with the Gleim study kit. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again in the future when I look to upgrade or add ratings.

My wife and daughter went with me to the airport where I tested and they sat in the shade out front and watched the planes come and go while I plugged away inside. Afterward we went to Fantasy of Flight and had lunch and toured the museum. It was a fun and rewarding day. Now to get back in the cockpit and start building my hands-on skills.
Rtrhead

Post by Rtrhead »

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear the Gleim books worked for you, as we just ordered several of their Sport Pilot kits. It's best to get that knowledge test done as soon as possible so it's not hanging over your head, I know that was a big deal for me as I kept pushing it off and it ended up costing me more hours of flight time because of it.

Chris
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Congratulations Kevin! And that sounds like a nice fun way to for the whole family to spend the day!
Philip B

Post by Philip B »

Congratulation Kevin!!!

I have the same study materials as you (Gleim Sport Pilot Kit) and would agree they are great. I think I will take my test next week and get the anticipation over and done with.

Congrats again on a job well done.
KevinV

Post by KevinV »

Thanks, guys. :)
Bill

Post by Bill »

Congratz, Kevin. Indeed an accomplishment.

Now - on to the checkride. :)