LSA Training North of Ft. Myers

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Raph

LSA Training North of Ft. Myers

Post by Raph »

Greetings All,

I'm an SLSA pilot in training in Brussels (other side of the pond) in Belgium and would like to go on vacation in Florida to fly and train towards my SLSA license in the US.

I heard from a friend that there is a really good pilot training school north of Ft. Myers that has an excellent fleet and very good CFIs.

Can anyone corroborate? I looked at their site in they have the Gobosh 700s which apparently flies like the FK-14 Polaris that I fly here in Brussels.

Any info would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

Raph 8)
I have been working on my PPL and have switched to the LSA rating after 500+ hours in gliders.
FLA-CFI

Post by FLA-CFI »

There is one in Punta Gorda (forgot the name), then you have Sport Planes FL in sarasota, FL. Both on the west coast south of tampa.
Adam

CFI-SP, Light Sport Repairman - Maintenance, Rotax Cert.
Orlando, FL
Paul Hamilton

Post by Paul Hamilton »

Do I have them on the map? I am trying to get all good schools so people can find them.

http://lsapilot.beasportpilot.com/sport-pilot-locator/
Paul is a Sport Pilot CFI/DPE and the expert for ASA who writes the books and produces the DVD's for all pilots flying light sport aircraft.
See www.SportAviationCenter.com www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com and www.BeASportPilot.com to Paul's websites