CFI-SP test questions

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Aerco

CFI-SP test questions

Post by Aerco »

Does anyone have the correct URL for the FAA's full question bank of test questions for the CFI-SP (Airplane)? The FAA website has to win a prize for the most messed up, convoluted and badly organized website ever; it is impossible to find anything. All I ever get is a small list of sample questions, I want the actual full list of questions.

Any help appreciated.
"Someone already thought of that."
Jeff Tipton

Post by Jeff Tipton »

KSCessnaDriver

Post by KSCessnaDriver »

I think this might be what your looking for. Test bank for the CFI-SP rating.

http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/tes ... FI-LSP.pdf
KSCessnaDriver (ATP MEL, Commerical LTA-Airship/SEL, Private SES, CFI/CFII)
LSA's flown: Remos G3, Flight Design CTSW, Aeronca L-16, Jabiru J170
Aerco

Post by Aerco »

Thanks, but I already came across both those sites you mentioned. The FAA's PDF has 188 questions, but these are only a sample - not the full question bank.

The Gleim CFI-SP books I have are just the regular CFI materials with a supplement listing which sections I don't need. It would be nice to have all the relevant CFI-SP material in one place.
tadel001

Post by tadel001 »

Don't believe they have been published.
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

if you get to see every single question and answer, then it becomes a test of test taking not a test of aviation knowledge.

if you can pass with a subset, you should do fine even if you are asked a few questions that you haven't seen before as long as you learn the knowledge and not simply the questions and correct answers.
KSCessnaDriver

Post by KSCessnaDriver »

CharlieTango wrote:if you get to see every single question and answer, then it becomes a test of test taking not a test of aviation knowledge.

if you can pass with a subset, you should do fine even if you are asked a few questions that you haven't seen before as long as you learn the knowledge and not simply the questions and correct answers.
Yup, that's how all the tests are for the FAA. If you really want to, you never have to actually learn the concepts, but rather memorize answers. It happens, and will always continue to happen.
KSCessnaDriver (ATP MEL, Commerical LTA-Airship/SEL, Private SES, CFI/CFII)
LSA's flown: Remos G3, Flight Design CTSW, Aeronca L-16, Jabiru J170
Jim Stewart

Post by Jim Stewart »

if you get to see every single question and answer, then it becomes a test of test taking not a test of aviation knowledge.
I took a 2-day PP test prep class. The instructor had a list of 100 questions out of the 600 question pool. He said that if you can get every one of the 100 questions correct, you'll pass the test.
Aerco

Post by Aerco »

CharlieTango wrote:if you get to see every single question and answer, then it becomes a test of test taking not a test of aviation knowledge.

My objective was not to memorize answers, of course. I would like to see all the questions in order to see the exact scope of subjects covered and especially if there are any that a specific to Sport Pilot Instructors as opposed to the regular CFI questions. There are also many online practice test sites that do not cover the full range of subjects and would give a student a false impression of what is required.

On my Private knowledge test, yes, I admit, I did memorize a few answers - I just got fed up with the smudgy, unreadable graphs and plainly idiotic divisions on the density altitude chart, for example - who on earth thought of dividing 6 degrees Celsius into ten units?? But I knew perfectly well how to use them, nonetheless.
Paul Hamilton

Post by Paul Hamilton »

Yes the FAA tests are a no brainer having the questios and answers. Keep practicing until you get a 90% on the practice tests and YOU WILL PASS the FAA knowledge tests, quaranteed. The real chalenge is passing the checkride where you need to know what you are doing.

If you want the simplist, easiest, and best value to get through through both Sport Pilot CFI FAA knowledge tests get the Prepware CD for $50 which also provides the endorsements for both the tests. Now that the FAA tests had gone up to $150 per test, you sure do not want to fail one and spend another $150.

Find the Prepware CD at www.ap-stores.com
Paul is a Sport Pilot CFI/DPE and the expert for ASA who writes the books and produces the DVD's for all pilots flying light sport aircraft.
See www.SportAviationCenter.com www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com and www.BeASportPilot.com to Paul's websites