Soloed Last Night...

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

MarkGoolie

Soloed Last Night...

Post by MarkGoolie »

... Well I finally got my second first solo in last night. My first solo flight was in 1987 in a Cessna 150. Last night the flight was in my SportStar.

My solo flight came a little late, right around 25 hours. We had a difficult time getting in some crosswind landing time. For a while here the weather here was either dead calm or nearly tornadic conditions when I was scheduled to fly. So once I got comfortable with crosswind landings I was set to go.

The only hiccup last night was that I had the SportStar serviced the day or so before and the throttle and idle seemed a bit out of whack. So my instructor and I took it up and did 7 touch and go's to be sure it was running good. It was fine, so I told him to get out of my plane!

He signed my logbook and I taxied to 28 at KDLZ and off I went. The winds were light and variable and just a beautiful night for flying. I did 3 touch and go's and all were uneventful. The plane definitely flew a bit differently without my instructor in it. The landings were not my best but the plane is reusable. :D

-Mark
drseti

Post by drseti »

Congratulations, Mark! Now, you can begin to enjoy the fun part of flying: cross countries. Remember that you'll still be a student for your next 10,000 hours or so. Be safe, learn a lot, and have fun.

FWIW, my student Mel did his solo Tuesday in my SportStar. He also had about as many hours as you. So, the two of you are well on your way.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Bill

Post by Bill »

Congratulations! That is a wonderful accomplishment and is a jump-start to what flying is all about. Enjoy and be safe.
--
<i>If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
Selling Personal Checks and Business Checks helps pay for the 'Coupe.</i> :)
--
Z06 C5

Post by Z06 C5 »

congrats
AZPilot

Post by AZPilot »

Congrats, but last "night"?
CFIIMEI
MarkGoolie

Post by MarkGoolie »

Thanks everyone!!!

Ok, I guess "night" should have been evening! :D

-Mark
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

Congrats!!!
yozz25

great

Post by yozz25 »

Fantastic, kicking the guy out of plane is even better :twisted:

Good for you, many happy days flying.

yozz
MarkGoolie

Post by MarkGoolie »

I haven't been able to fly since that evening. :? The weather was bad all weekend in Columbus. Its supposed to clear up today but the winds may be beyond my limits. Hopefully there will be a day or two this week that I can fly.

-Mark
N904LA
2007 Evektor SportStar