too hot!!!!!

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

Yozz, Prior to solo, did you ever get a Student Pilot Certificate?? If not, Make an appointment at the FAA FSDO in Las Vegas... Its free and easy...

7181 Amigo Street
Las Vegas, Nv 89119 (702) 269-1445

Brian
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
yozz25

not yet

Post by yozz25 »

Thanks for the info KA7.

Yes, I phoned the address in your post, man it was like the blind leading the deaf. The guy had to look up the rules and basically told me that the CFI has to first sign me off to solo and thats it. He said he never dealt with a sports ticket before.

They really don't know, even those working at the FAA.

When it cools down a bit, and when I cool down a bit, gonna have to sit down and do my own work and research on this, then once I get the rules lined up like ducks, do the work myself and find someone who can help me here get what I need to fly.

You would figure someone at the school would have all of this stuff lined up and ready to go for the student, or at the very least the CFI would spell out the steps needed towards the ticket, no way Jose. If I were running a school, I would have all of this printed out on a flow chart and give it to each student. Even a CFI should invest the 3 bucks it takes to print up a bunch of flyers.
yozz
CenTex Flyer

Post by CenTex Flyer »

Yozz,

I got my student certificate at the temporary FSDO at Sun n Fun (took about 10 minutes), and didn't begin training until the end of May.

Just make an appointment with a FSI, at the FSDO, fillout a FAA form 8710-11, show picture ID and they type out the certificate on the spot.

Or, find a DPE, though he may charge for the time.

Just remember, no matter how many solo endorsements you get from your CFI, you're not legal without the little yellow certificate.

Good Luck
No trees were harmed in producing this message, However, a great number of electrons were severely disturbed.
yozz25

sounds good

Post by yozz25 »

Guess I'll just head over to Amigo street, bring my own downloaded form and play idiot with them, perhaps with luck, Illl actually end up with the sucker in hand.

thanks
yozz
ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

Yozz,
I called that office and talked to a "Marty" Ext 327.. He seemed to know the correct procedure.. Call and make an appointment.... ID and fill out the 8710-1 form...

Also this makes for a good read...from the FAA

http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificate ... idance.pdf

Do you have a FAR/AIM read Part 61 section J...Here is one online free from Kings Schools

http://www.kingschools.com/library/far-aim-ntsb.asp

We will help you all the way...

Brian
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
yozz25

thanks

Post by yozz25 »

Thanks Brian, will do.

yozz