N25dv long time but XC done! checkride next

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

David

N25dv long time but XC done! checkride next

Post by David »

I finally did my solo XC today. Great fight and outstanding conditions, I flew for about 45 mins early this afternoon before my XC. Winds were 5-7 Knots with a slight cross wind. A few hours later the winds were at 3 knots, and started the XC. Took off from KPTW Heritage field (Pottstown Limerick, PA) to S37 Smoketown, by Lancaster, PA visibility was 25 – 30 just perfect. After a short stop at S37, then on to 8N1 Grimes for the 2nd leg, a greaser of a landing at Grimes and then I stopped and walked around to stretch the legs. I took a few pictures, as you can tell it is almost stepping back in time. This is a great grass field with a lot of history. It was a magical day!!!!!!!!!!!

Next step in the journey - check ride – as long as work doesn’t get in the way. LOL

Also I need to thank Jeff Gregory, my instructor for the guided discovery lessons, which enhanced the joy of flying! I would have never visited places like this.
Last edited by David on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

Congratulations on your solo XC, I still remember mine like it was yesterday. Good luck on your checkride when the time comes. Adding the pics was a nice touch, I love seeing places that people go and the history involved.
HornetMatt

Congrats Dave

Post by HornetMatt »

Congrats Dave. Awesome pics. Have fun and good luck on the check ride.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Congratulations on the x-country. To me that's what flying is all about. Nice ride and great px. That looks like one great little grass-strip airport - and it's not too far from me. I'm going to make it a point of flying there one day soon.
--
<i>If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.
Selling Personal Checks and Business Checks helps pay for the 'Coupe.</i> :)
--
David

Grimes

Post by David »

Bill I googled Grimes airport this morning and found out more about the airfield.

Their web site provides much more about the airfield and some of the history - no wonder it seamed like I did step back in time.

http://www.goldenageair.org/museuminfo.htm