Do you know a good ATPL school?

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

carlapilot

Do you know a good ATPL school?

Post by carlapilot »

Hi everyone! I've just finished my PPL and I'm looking for a good ATPL school anywhere in Europe...or anywhere in the world to gain experience...
It's such a hard choice! I am open minded to any place.
I want to avoid low quality cheating schools (who just take your money, without proper training). Please give me some suggestions, how to compare the schools! If you have any personal experience, please let know!
Thank you!
HAPPYDAN

Re: Do you know a good ATPL school?

Post by HAPPYDAN »

Congratulations, Carla! While I can't help with your question, another forum, Pilots of America/Training, certainly can. You might try them.
jarinawoz

Post by jarinawoz »

As I have this question, I also use pilots of america and many forums. .
I ask everywhere! more opinion is the better! :D
The main problem is the ground studies ... hard to find a good school. Even Im also opened to travel everywhere in the world...to connect studies with travel and new experience
jarinawoz

Post by jarinawoz »

let's search together
:D
carlapilot wrote:Hi everyone! I've just finished my PPL and I'm looking for a good ATPL school anywhere in Europe...or anywhere in the world to gain experience...
I want to avoid low quality cheating schools (who just take your money, without proper training). Please give me some suggestions, how to compare the schools! If you have any personal experience, please let know!
Thank you!
drseti

Post by drseti »

carlapilot wrote: Please give me some suggestions, how to compare the schools
Carla,
Any reputable flight school should be willing to provude you with references. You can learn much by contacting graduates, and asking not just about their training experiences, but also their career trajectories.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

I think you may be premature in looking for an ATP school. In Europe, I think you need 1500 hours and CPL.
Retired from flying.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

TimTaylor wrote:I think you may be premature in looking for an ATP school. In Europe, I think you need 1500 hours and CPL.
Most of the 141 schools have an accelerated ATP program that will let you get it at 1200 hours. To be eligible you enter the program with no more than a private pilot certificate. They don't even want you to have the instrument knowledge test passed.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

3Dreaming wrote:
TimTaylor wrote:I think you may be premature in looking for an ATP school. In Europe, I think you need 1500 hours and CPL.
Most of the 141 schools have an accelerated ATP program that will let you get it at 1200 hours. To be eligible you enter the program with no more than a private pilot certificate. They don't even want you to have the instrument knowledge test passed.
How many of those 1200 hours do they provide? Must be terribly expensive.
Retired from flying.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

TimTaylor wrote:
3Dreaming wrote:
How many of those 1200 hours do they provide? Must be terribly expensive.
I'm not really sure how many hours must be done with them. I think there might be some flexibility in building hours after the commercial.
jarinawoz

Post by jarinawoz »

jarinawoz wrote:let's search together
:D
carlapilot wrote:Hi everyone! I've just finished my PPL and I'm looking for a good ATPL school anywhere in Europe...or anywhere in the world to gain experience...
Thank you!
Hey Carla! I have started my training a few months ago. I don't know if you've started your training already but I've found this list and I've chosen the cheapest and closest school from it. I'm very satisfied so far. I hope this helps. :D
carlapilot

Post by carlapilot »

Thanks for everyone, I found a Hungarian ATO, called Easy-Pilot, they were really helpful and they seem professional.
This is their website: https://www.easy-pilot.com/main-page
I hope it will be helpful for someone else too! :wink: :)
alper os

Post by alper os »

carlapilot wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:31 am Thanks for everyone, I found a Hungarian ATO, called Easy-Pilot, they were really helpful and they seem professional.
This is their website: https://www.easy-pilot.com/main-page
I hope it will be helpful for someone else too! :wink: :)
Hi,
I am happy to hear that because one of my colleagues in Johannesburg has also found them and still gathering information about their ATPL course.
According to the opinions from some of their students they are OK. They also make CPL and ATPL conversions and as far as I know they have already finished the first ATPL conversion from ICAO to EASA exam there. Does anyone have any information or experience on this?
I am also interested in this topic, mostly in CPL conversion.