New Sport Pilot

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

3Dreaming

New Sport Pilot

Post by 3Dreaming »

I had a sport pilot applicant pass their checkride this past week. I inherited this student when his instructor got a job with the airlines just as he thought he was about finished up. His old instructor had missed some required endorsements and training along the way. After getting that all straightened out and brining his flying up to PTS standards he did his checkride. It was also the first sport pilot checkride for the examiner, who just had Sport Pilot added to his designee authorization.
Jim Hardin

Re: New Sport Pilot

Post by Jim Hardin »

Instructors feel almost as elated as the new pilots do :D

Did you tell him about this site?
3Dreaming

Re: New Sport Pilot

Post by 3Dreaming »

Jim Hardin wrote:Instructors feel almost as elated as the new pilots do :D

Did you tell him about this site?
He was to busy prepping for the checkride that I didn't bother mentioning this site. Now that the checkride is over I'll let him know.

He had been training at an airport about 50 miles away. The owner of the airplane moved the airplane here so he could finish his training. The new sport pilot will be here in a few minutes to take the airplane back home.