Zoom Sport Pilot Ground School - Statrs January

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Helen

Zoom Sport Pilot Ground School - Statrs January

Post by Helen »

Looking for a fun way to study for your knowledge test this winter? Join Chesapeake Sport Pilot, the national leader in Sport Pilot training for live our winter VFR ground school class from the comfort and safety of your home. Our class runs January 21 - March 2nd, Mon/Thur 7:30pm-9:30pm and costs $399 plus books. Save $25 by registering early. For more information e-mail us at [email protected] You may sign up directly through our website at http://www.chesapeakesportpilot.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Helen Woods
Chesapeake Sport Pilot
Quality Flight Training, Rentals, and Service
Factory Authorized RV-12 Training and Service Center
http://www.chesapeakesportpilot.com
Type47

Re: Zoom Sport Pilot Ground School - Statrs January

Post by Type47 »

Hi Helen.
Are you still planning on offering remote LSRM classes?
Type47
LSRI
INTJ
2006 Tecnam P92 Echo Super
Don’t do the thing that almost killed you until you at least get the staples taken out of your head first….
JimParker256

Post by JimParker256 »

Type47 wrote:Hi Helen.
Are you still planning on offering remote LSRM classes?
I completed the Rainbow Aviation LSR-I course recently, and enjoyed it quite a bit. It whetted my appetite to learn more. I don't think I'd ever want to hang out my shingle to do work for others, but I do like being able to legally do the things I'm comfortable doing. A remote LSR-M course might be very interesting to me! However, I understood the LRSM course to require multiple days of "hands on" training, as well as the classroom... Not sure how that could get done "remotely" and still satisfy the FAA... But I'd be happy to be "edumacated" on that score.

PS - one of the interesting "by-products" of the LSR-I course for a few of the attendees was that they realized that even though it would be "legal" for them to do their own inspections, it might not be "smart" for them to do so... Not everyone has the "eye" to spot things that aren't right. And based on some comments before, during, and after the classes, some of those guys would be downright "scary" working on an airplane.
Jim Parker
2007 RANS S-6ES (Rotax 912ULS)
Light Sport Repairman - Airplane - Inspection
Farmersville, TX
Helen

Post by Helen »

We have never offered an LSRM class although we have hosted Lockwood for Rotax training and hope to again next year. The closest place to us (and least expensive place altogether) for the three week class is Blue Ridge Community College. One of our staff mechanics got his rating there and enjoyed the training.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Helen Woods
Chesapeake Sport Pilot
Quality Flight Training, Rentals, and Service
Factory Authorized RV-12 Training and Service Center
http://www.chesapeakesportpilot.com
Type47

Post by Type47 »

Ah, yes. I was confusing you with the college. My apologies.
Type47
LSRI
INTJ
2006 Tecnam P92 Echo Super
Don’t do the thing that almost killed you until you at least get the staples taken out of your head first….