Sport aviation show postponed from January will be held November 11 to 13

If you're interested in all things Sport Pilot/Light Sport Aircraft, this is the place to be every January! Mark your calendars. http://www.sport-aviation-expo.com

Moderator: drseti

JJay

Sport aviation show postponed from January will be held November 11 to 13

Post by JJay »

So, now it is 11/11 - 11/13. I plan to be there at least one of those days.

See: https://www.flyingmag.com/story/news/de ... -showcase/
ShawnM

Re: Sport aviation show postponed from January will be held November 11 to 13

Post by ShawnM »

It's on my calendar, let's try and meet up one day.
I see you are now listed in Keystone Heights, I grew up there as a child before moving to Gainesville. You based at 42J now or Kay?
JJay

Post by JJay »

It looks like the 12th is the day I have most free.

I'm still hangared at 28J. Nothing available at 42J. But living at Keystone is only temporary. We're building a house and hangar at 3FL0 (Mt. Royal Airpark). I convinced the builder to do the hangar first so I hope to be moving the plane there in a month or two.
hangar.jpg
hangar.jpg (143.07 KiB) Viewed 25436 times
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

That's awesome, I have a friend in Lake City at Cannon Creek Airpark (15FL) who was going to move there but changed his mind. Beautiful area and close to the river. That's living the dream for sure.
drseti

Post by drseti »

As of today, the event is still on - I just got an invitation from Jana Filip to present safety seminars. Unfortunately, the FAA will still not sanction or authorize any official in-person events. That means I can neither post my forums to FAASafety.gov, nor offer or validate WINGS or AMT Award credit. I would also be prohibited from using FAA logos or material, or promoting the FAA Safety Team in my official Lead Rep capacity. Hence, although I continue to do both EAA and FAA webinars online, I regret that I will not be participating in this year's DeLand Showcase. :cry:
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
fatsportpilot

Post by fatsportpilot »

drseti wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:32 am As of today, the event is still on - I just got an invitation from Jana Filip to present safety seminars. Unfortunately, the FAA will still not sanction or authorize any official in-person events. That means I can neither post my forums to FAASafety.gov, nor offer or validate WINGS or AMT Award credit. I would also be prohibited from using FAA logos or material, or promoting the FAA Safety Team in my official Lead Rep capacity. Hence, although I continue to do both EAA and FAA webinars online, I regret that I will not be participating in this year's DeLand Showcase. :cry:
How could the FAA prohibit you from using FAA logos or material? In the USA it is legal to use government logos for non-commercial purposes because they are not trademarked or copyright as long as you aren't trying to defraud someone by impersonating a government agency.
drseti

Post by drseti »

fatsportpilot wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:37 pm How could the FAA prohibit you from using FAA logos or material? In the USA it is legal to use government logos for non-commercial purposes
Oh, it's perfectly legal. But violating an FAA policy could compromise my appointed positions as an FAA Safety Team Lead Representative and Designated Pilot Examiner, because there would be an implication that I was there representing the FAA. Not worth the risk of being un-designated!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
JimParker256

Post by JimParker256 »

Dr. Paul's concerns are legit... Here in Texas we had a very popular, multi-year DPE stripped of his DPE status by the FAA because he was seen on a Zoom video drinking from a wine glass during a safety seminar – and he wasn't even a presenter! He never spoke a word during the safety talk, and there's no way to prove he was even drinking wine from that glass. But the FAA decided that "the appearance" of consuming alcohol during a safety seminar reflected a cavalier attitude about safety.

Their motto: "We're not happy until you're not happy."
Jim Parker
2007 RANS S-6ES (Rotax 912ULS)
Light Sport Repairman - Airplane - Inspection
Farmersville, TX
fatsportpilot

Post by fatsportpilot »

JimParker256 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:10 pm Dr. Paul's concerns are legit... Here in Texas we had a very popular, multi-year DPE stripped of his DPE status by the FAA because he was seen on a Zoom video drinking from a wine glass during a safety seminar – and he wasn't even a presenter! He never spoke a word during the safety talk, and there's no way to prove he was even drinking wine from that glass. But the FAA decided that "the appearance" of consuming alcohol during a safety seminar reflected a cavalier attitude about safety.

Their motto: "We're not happy until you're not happy."
Did someone forget to tell the FAA that prohibition is over? Because their mindset seems stuck in that era.