Greetings from KMFR

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

N701RB

Greetings from KMFR

Post by N701RB »

Hey Guys and Gals,
I'm currently building A CH701, but I'm looking into buying a Champ, or a Luscombe. Also looking at the TaylorCraft BC12D. Speaking of the latter. Does anyone know where I can find the specs on the "T-cart"(online)

Randy
CTflyer

Post by CTflyer »

Randy - check out the Taylorcraft Foundation. They've got lots of resources for restorations:

http://www.taylorcraft.org/resources.html

I'd bet there are lots of guys who envy you getting to fly in those great old planes. I sure do!

Tom
www.neam.org
dcharding

Champ

Post by dcharding »

Welcome. I am currently training in a Champ (7AC). Loads of fun, and a joy to fly. Hand prop, no radio, none of that fancy smancy stuff to get in the way of pure flying fun.

Dave Harding
1946 Aeronca Champ (Rental)
N701RB

Post by N701RB »

Thanks Tom! I'll check out the T-Craft site..

Dave,
Yes, The Champ is about as simple as it gets! I used to have a friend who had a 7AC. We had a lot of good times in that plane! Unfortunately, he and his wife were killed in it while flying here locally. They were making a low pass over a small lake and flew into some power lines.. :(