Randy in Denver

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

w@ntonsoup

Randy in Denver

Post by w@ntonsoup »

Hello there - I'm a 31 year old just-took-intro-flight pilot who's about to begin training. I'm heading out to an airplane show today ("Parade of Pistons" at Centennial Airport) and hope to run into an instructor I spoke with on the phone and see how it goes from there.

I don't REALLY know where I want to end up - I might buy a trike and fly on the cheap, in which case a Sport Pilot is great. I may want to throw some money around and rent a plane a few hours a week, in which case I'll want a Private license. The instructor I found is cool with both certifications so if I choose to stop after 20 hours / SP, he's just fine with that. (Most instructors out here are very negative about SP, so this was a good sign!)

I'm thinking about flying all the time lately, all sorts of nervous excitement. It's scary and filling me with anxiety, but (like everyone) I've always wanted to fly so I'm ready to take the next step!

- Randy
Aurora, CO
Last edited by w@ntonsoup on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Welcome to the group, Randy. When you start training, you'll be amazed at how quickly the time flies and how much it changes your whole life. The scariness is only because you're venturing into something new and unknown to you. At first you may even feel overwhelmed; I remember, it seemed like the plane had hundreds of thousands of gauges and instruments all over the place. But your instructor will guide you thru, and you'll build confidence, and you'll master each aspect of flying, bit by bit.
w0rus

???

Post by w0rus »

I see this posting was from last year. So my question is........how is it going????
Im a Recreational pilot currently flying LSA"s out of the Denver area.
Every take off optional, every landing mandatory!! Fly safe!!