Hello from Southern Oregon

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Rotor-Head

Hello from Southern Oregon

Post by Rotor-Head »

My name is Shawn and I am an autogyro pilot (with almost 700 hours in my machine) and am am purchasing a Quicksilver MX 2 place this week... I hope....

Just dropping in to say hello...
CTflyer

Post by CTflyer »

Welcome Rotor!

Great to hear from a gyro pilot.

Tell us a bit of your background. Did you start with a powered Bensen-type? I've heard that Dominators and Air Commands are excellent "beginner" machines, and I've started looking for one myself. Wish there were some gyro's around New England I could take a look at and ask a zillion questions.

Where'd you get your gyro training? That always seems to be the hardest part of getting started.

How'd you decide on buying a Quicksilver instead of a gyro? And of course, what gyro(s) have you flown, and what do you have now?

Good to have you with us.
Tom
Rotor-Head

Post by Rotor-Head »

Good to hear back.. I actually own an Air Command Elite and am a distributor for Air Command Autogyros.. I have a good relationship with both Air Command and SportCopter... My business is film/TV production and I have done work for both companies....

I got my training in gyros in Utah at AirGyro.... I'm buying the Quicksilver so I can take my friends and family flying, since my gyro is is single place....

Thanks and here's my web site

http://www.rotor-head.com

Shawn