Hello from Ireland

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Flyer1

Hello from Ireland

Post by Flyer1 »

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum, I came accross it while searching for an LSA to rent in the states the next time i'm over on vacation. It looks like a fantastic forum.

I've got my PPL here in Ireland which allows me to fly anything up to 5,700KGS which gladly includes LSA's ( or VLA's as we call them here ). A few months ago my flying club bought 2 new Tecnam P2002-JF's. A few other guys have started purchasing Sportcruizers, Samba XXL's which shows that the ways of the gas guzzling cherokee and 172 are numbered. With fuel prices here standing at €2.36 a litre for avgas( $11/gal ), mogas is the only way forward for us.

I do some aerobatics also in a Citabria, and every summer I make it my goal to spend a couple of hours flying an Extra 300. Last summer I did it in Boynton Beach, FL.

I look forward to getting to know some of you guys here.

Flyer1 :)
SkySteve

Post by SkySteve »

Hello Flyer1,
Glad to have you aboard. I own a Kitfox and am having a ball in Utah. Attached is a photo I took today of my plane and my buddies plane in our hangar in Ogden, UT (OGD). Tomorrow we will be flying to Idaho Falls, Idaho. I'll try to get some photos and post a little video within the next few days.

Image[/img]
Steve Wilson
Huntsville, UT
Kitfox
Convertible Nose Wheel & Tail Wheel
912A / Warp Drive Prop