Hello from San Jose, California

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

arnoha

Hello from San Jose, California

Post by arnoha »

Hello all,

I'm currently not a pilot, but am interesting in becoming one. LSA's seem like a great step in that direction. I'm looking for instruction in the area, but having a hard time finding it.
glyn

Post by glyn »

hang in there man. keep looking around. calling different people. you can find a regular CFI and ask him to train you in an LSA. if there is an LSA around.
www.sportflyers.org

www.ussportplanes.com

if you can't fly right.... fly upside down
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

if you are having trouble finding light sport instruction find a local flight school and do you primary training ( pre solo ) in a 152 or even a 172 or a piper if that is what is used.

not until you are ready to solo do you need a medical or a light sport to continue.
oldnotbold

Re: Hello from San Jose, California

Post by oldnotbold »

arnoha wrote:Hello all,

I'm currently not a pilot, but am interesting in becoming one. LSA's seem like a great step in that direction. I'm looking for instruction in the area, but having a hard time finding it.

arnoha- There's a great LSA flight school, Light Sport West, in Salinas in the main terminal building. They are the dealer for about 3 or 4 brands of light sport aircraft and do training in any of them.

Saul
Hayward Flyer

Schools

Post by Hayward Flyer »

Aerodynamic Aviation at Reid Hillview airport in San Jose offers instruction for Light Sport.
Note: Light Sport Airplanes West in Salinas has gone Belly up.
EppyGA

Re: Schools

Post by EppyGA »

Hayward Flyer wrote:Note: Light Sport Airplanes West in Salinas has gone Belly up.
This doesn't surprise me at all. My wife called them a couple of years ago to see about going there while we were going to be in California for some demo rides. Since they represented several LSA models I felt it would be a good place to try out different models. They said no since I they figured I wouldn't be buying from them they didn't want to waste their time with me. Might be the kind of attitude that kills a business.
Randy Epstein
AZPilot

Re: Hello from San Jose, California

Post by AZPilot »

oldnotbold wrote:
arnoha wrote:Hello all,

arnoha- There's a great LSA flight school, Light Sport West, in Salinas in the main terminal building. They are the dealer for about 3 or 4 brands of light sport aircraft and do training in any of them.

Saul
Unfortunately, LSA West closed a couple of months ago. Mike Fletcher and his crew were good folks. Sue Parker was a peach. This economy is even getting the good companies.