Another Winter Haven Newbie

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Philip B

Another Winter Haven Newbie

Post by Philip B »

WHAT AN EXCITING TIME!

Flying is something I have always wanted to learn but for one reason or another have always put other things ahead of this desire. Don't know if it was the time thing or the money thing, but no longer will this desire go unanswered.

I recently enrolled and began my journey with a local school. WOW, if I knew it was going to be like this I would never have waited so long. With only 3 lessons/flights under my belt I can definitely say I look forward to every trip. This is a wonderful experience for anyone to participate in, but for a 44 yo man it is a rejuvenating and exhilarating experience to bring back one's youth.

I believe this site will provide a very informative platform for my continued education and an enjoyable environment for communications with members who can understand and share in my new found love of flying. I look forward to many new experiences and friendships within the Sport Pilot community.
LightSportFlyer

Post by LightSportFlyer »

Welcome ! What LSA model are you learning in and with what school ? I live fairly close to you and would enjoy reading your posts as you progress through flight school.
Philip B

Post by Philip B »

I am currently training with Tailwheels Etc. on Gilbert Field in Winter Haven.

To date I have done my training on an Aerostar Festival. I have had the opportunity to sit in the Sigma, but have yet to fly her. My understanding of the "egg" is that it is a fun machine to fly with a tremendous climb rate but tends to be a bit squirrelly on the ground. I hope to let you know.
KevinV

Post by KevinV »

Good to see you on here Philip. I've flown the Aerostar a couple of times myself. It's a decent plane, but I'd like a bit more than it has to offer...it's pretty bare bones. I sat in the Sigma as well, I really liked the layout of it.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Welcome to the group, Phillip. Maybe I'll see you and the other Winter Haven members some time, since I'm in Tampa and often fly to Lakeland and Bartow.
KevinV

Post by KevinV »

It was nice meeting you this past week, Philip. We'll have to get together for a trip to the airport when we can get our over-taxed schedules to coincide.
Philip B

Post by Philip B »

Just thought I would give a quick update as I am excited and have to share. I PASSED the written and can put the nervousness behind me and focus on the practical now. The Gleim products definitely help and the ability to take practice exams with the CD puts you more at ease once the time comes. That's not to say there are still a few butterflies when the time arrives, but it definitely makes you a bit more prepared.