Hi from NC

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

rickdog67

Hi from NC

Post by rickdog67 »

Hi all, Rick from the Triangle area in NC. I am taking my written Thursday and my first lesson on Friday. I figure if I knock out the written, I can't procrastinate later:). I tried taking it Saturday through ATP at RDU, but they couldn't seem to get the transaction to work through the CATS program. NC Rotor and Wing is who I'm going to fly with (tough decision). There is a fella that does instruction at Wilson, but he has only one plane and it was down after a hard landing for a long time. I figured it be better to go somewhere that had multiple planes so there wouldn't be any hold ups when I'm ready. I'm open to any advice. BTW, they fly the Remos GX.
AZPilot

Re: Hi from NC

Post by AZPilot »

rickdog67 wrote:Hi all, Rick from the Triangle area in NC. I am taking my written Thursday and my first lesson on Friday. I figure if I knock out the written, I can't procrastinate later:). I tried taking it Saturday through ATP at RDU, but they couldn't seem to get the transaction to work through the CATS program. NC Rotor and Wing is who I'm going to fly with (tough decision). There is a fella that does instruction at Wilson, but he has only one plane and it was down after a hard landing for a long time. I figured it be better to go somewhere that had multiple planes so there wouldn't be any hold ups when I'm ready. I'm open to any advice. BTW, they fly the Remos GX.
Congrats on getting started. Todd Henrikson (owner NC Rotor and Wing) is a great guy. You should have a great experience there, and the GX is a fine airplane.
CFIIMEI