G'day from Western Australia

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

BrettC

G'day from Western Australia

Post by BrettC »

G'day everyone! Found your site and been having a look over the last couple of days. What you guys call a Sport Pilot License is known as a Recreational Aviation Australia (RAAus) Certification.

I started flying for fun in November last year and have completed my certification and Pax endorsement. I'm about 3 hours away from finishing my Nav / Cross Country endorsement as well.

It's such a blast finally doing it and getting airborne! I've been flying a few aircraft, the CZAW Sportcruiser, Jabiru J230 and from Fly Synthesis the Texan and Storch. All great aircraft but have my heart set on a Texan!

So if it's ok with you guys, I wouldn't mind sticking around a little and checking things out, having a look at how you guys do your thing and the various opinions on aircraft and regulations.

One of these days I'll be getting over for Oshkosh but for now, I'm just getting my hours up!

Anyhow, I've got a few photos and a blog over the time I've done my training at the link below and hope to share some good times with you all.

Ooroo for now.

Brett

http://brettscollection.shutterfly.com/
AZPilot

Post by AZPilot »

Hello Brett,
Great pictures. I see that you have water and clouds. I guess you're not in the "outback" :D .

Congrats on your flying progress.
CFIIMEI
BrettC

Post by BrettC »

AZPilot wrote:Hello Brett,
Great pictures. I see that you have water and clouds. I guess you're not in the "outback" :D .

Cheers mate!

Yeah not a fan of the "outback" to bloody hot, to plain and no where to fly. Give me coastal any day!
AZPilot

Post by AZPilot »

BrettC wrote:
AZPilot wrote:Hello Brett,

Cheers mate!

Yeah not a fan of the "outback" to bloody hot, to plain and no where to fly. Give me coastal any day!
Currently 108F here, headed back to 115F by Saturday. Enjoy the ocean.
CFIIMEI