New LSA flight school coming to Lock Haven PA

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

drseti

New LSA flight school coming to Lock Haven PA

Post by drseti »

Greetings, fellow pilots.
I'm a PhD aerospace engineer, retired college professor, and longtime CFI (37 yrs teaching experience; started flying in 1961), now setting up a new Sport Pilot flight school at Lock Haven PA (birthplace of sport aviation). I invite you to visit the AvSport of Lock Haven website, http://AvSport.org, for extensive free Sport Pilot instructional material. If you find yourself in Central PA, I hope you'll come fly with me!
Safe skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
AZPilot

Post by AZPilot »

Good luck with your new adventure.
CFIIMEI
Super Cub

Post by Super Cub »

Will you have a mechanic for annuals and rotax work?
drseti

Post by drseti »

Super Cub wrote:Will you have a mechanic for annuals and rotax work?
I plan to take the Rotax service course from Phil Lockwood (probably the country's leading Rotax expert), but mainly for my own enlightenment. I am neither an A&P nor an IA, so can't do annuals. However, my mechanic will also be learning the engine, and he's about to take his IA exam, so ... in time, we should be able to offer some maintenance services.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
drseti

Post by drseti »

Super Cub wrote:Will you have a mechanic for annuals and rotax work?
That question was posted a year and a half ago, and lots has changed in the interim. To update my answer: last year I acquired my LSRM-A, Rotax training, and tools, and have since been doing my own maintenance and inspections. Anyone needing AMT services and able to bring your plane to Central PA, I'll be happy to work with you. See the Maintenance section of my website, at http://avsport.org/maint/.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US