Yee-haw! I nailed the checkride!

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

MacPara23

Yee-haw! I nailed the checkride!

Post by MacPara23 »

Finally! After a bit more than 50 hours of practicing and training and who knows how many soft field and short field approaches, I could swap my Student Pilot Certificate with a Temporary Airman Certificate! Boy, am I glad I got that done... :-D
yozz25

mazel tov

Post by yozz25 »

Hey, that is great, as we say in Greek/ Mazel tov!!!!

Use it in good health, and enjoy.

yozz :P
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

Congrats MacPara! I only finished mine up a little over a week ago. Took me a little over 100hrs to get there.

The big question I'm running into is - what now? :D

Brian
Brian Garrett
[email protected]
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

ibgarrett wrote:Congrats MacPara! I only finished mine up a little over a week ago. Took me a little over 100hrs to get there.
Nice going MacPara!
ibgarrett wrote:The big question I'm running into is - what now? :D

Brian
There's always the challenge of the Airline Transport certificate....

Chris
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

I was thinking more along the lines of moving up to a PP license first... :D Baby steps... baby steps....
Brian Garrett
[email protected]
yozz25

nailed it

Post by yozz25 »

Brian:

After 50 hours, I assume you mean the sports pilot license.

yozz
:lol:
yozz25

Macpara

Post by yozz25 »

I think I meant to say Macpara, but I assume both you guys just got the sports ticket.
yozz :oops:
MacPara23

Re: Macpara

Post by MacPara23 »

yozz25 wrote:I think I meant to say Macpara, but I assume both you guys just got the sports ticket.
yozz :oops:
:-D Yeah, Sport Pilot Airplane, to be complete. I kinda thought this would be implied by the forum's name ;-). Anyway, I'm now going to collect some helpful endorsements for class D and C airspace and then I'm going on some nice weekend trips. Sigh, Spring is near!
ibgarrett

Post by ibgarrett »

Yeah, yeah, I'm a little slow making it to the Sport Pilot license at 100+hrs...

My next step is to buy into a 1/4 share of an LSA and then get my radio endorsement :D
Brian Garrett
[email protected]
yozz25

started "official lsa" training

Post by yozz25 »

Just started my official lsa traing after 13 hours in warrior, an hour in krusty tomahawk, and 3 in remos as a test.

Yesterday was at the local flight school, just got the remos. Totally demoralized. Overwhelmed with new info, new school, new routine in scheduling, showing me headsets, showing me brochures on remos. Walked out of there after putting 1.2 on hobbs to boot with huge headache.

Instructor had a different take on things, he liked to "trim" everything I do. Ok with me, but the landing was to be done as a stabilized approach, not what seemed to be controlled crashes as done with other instructors. He said I have a good light touch on stick, don't overcontrol, and seem to be able to fly the plane gently. I told him I already had 17 hours, perhaps he didn't hear.

Had to show him routes usually taken back to airport after some maneuvers, I believe he is new to this location.

We came down as soft as a baby's bottom and that is what impressed me with him. He said it was due to stabllized landing technique, keeping pitch trimmed just so. Approach seemed a bit shallower than usual. If I can do what he does, that's ok with me. Only problem is that he doesn't wear a skirt.

Next lesson on tuesday, perhaps I'll get the ticket in five years.

yozz
:evil:
ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

Yozz,,,

Met "Girlie' Friday at the Casa Grande" Arizona Fly in... It was fun!!.
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
yozz25

girlie, yummmo!!!!

Post by yozz25 »

Hey, Ka7, really? at casa grande. Are you pulling my leg or what?

If ya did, she's good kid, if not, then hope ya had fun. All we got here is the chicken ranch.

Ah, girlie, the flightress of my dreams, my Amelia E. All I can dig up here is some old crow with a big trap on Social Security complaining about her phlebitis.

In any case, progressing with lessons, one day will have sports job, and if ya see a plane land with about 5 bounces, a good landing, in yer neck o da woods, it's me coming to visit.

yozz
gotta be bad
:twisted:
MacPara23

Post by MacPara23 »

ka7eej wrote:Yozz,,,

Met "Girlie' Friday at the Casa Grande" Arizona Fly in... It was fun!!.
At the Cactus Fly-In this weekend? Damn, we could have met! I was there on Saturday before the storm moved in... I saw an Allegro there but that wasn't yours.
ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

I was there Friday.... If you saw the two Remos there You may have seen "Girlie" there too... There were two good looking blonds, she was the shorter of the two.. Had a great chat with her....The Yellow Allegro is just like mine except I have white wings with blue strips...His price is still too high if he really wants to sell it but a good value at 69k compared to the Remos at 130-140k

I may need to to to Ryan someday soon to see Roger Lee, will let you know..
Brian
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
MacPara23

Post by MacPara23 »

ka7eej wrote:I was there Friday.... If you saw the two Remos there You may have seen "Girlie" there too... There were two good looking blonds, she was the shorter of the two.. Had a great chat with her....The Yellow Allegro is just like mine except I have white wings with blue strips...His price is still too high if he really wants to sell it but a good value at 69k compared to the Remos at 130-140k

I may need to to to Ryan someday soon to see Roger Lee, will let you know..
Brian
The Remos might have fled the scene before I got there because the storm was supposed to move in... at least I didn't see any. Probably a good thing as my wife was with me :-).
Yeah, the Allegro looks like a really nice plane. Maybe something to upgrade to later, I just bought my S-12 a few months ago ...
Yeah, when you get to Ryan, let me know. I can't fly there yet without the D endorsement but that's coming up and you might want to grab a bite in Marana before heading home...?!

Torsten.