New Member in Texas

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

theoarno

New Member in Texas

Post by theoarno »

Hello Sport Pilots et All
I am new to the forum and flying in general.
I have just begun taking lessons at Austin Bergstrom Airport.

Step Up Aviation here has a Tecnam P2004 Bravo however I have chosen to start off with Above and Beyond Aviation mainly because of the instructor so as a result I am training in a C-152 Aerobat.

I suppose some where down the line I will switch over and get certified in the P2004 so that I can go the Light Sport route. Hopefully the knowledge will apply.
Theo
drseti

Post by drseti »

Welcome, Theo, both to the forum and to the community of aviators. The 150 aerobat is a good trainer, but it flies very differently from an LSA. So, when you transition to the Techam, do pay attention to the POH and the instructor. Although LSAs are supposed to be simple, easy to fly aircraft, they have their peculiarities which must be mastered.

Have fun, and stay safe!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
theoarno

Post by theoarno »

Paul
Thank you for that tip and I will pay close attention.
Theo