Hello from the San Diego Area!

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

GaffSD

Hello from the San Diego Area!

Post by GaffSD »

Hello All,

My name is Ron, and I'm a crossover from Private training (Cherokees).

I had a little financial trouble, and after soloing in June, had to take a break.

I was incredibly discouraged.

Ended up flying with a guy at work. Things had improved financially, and I read an article on sport flying. I figured that I was pretty close to the sport pilot ticket. I decided to cross over.

I'm flying the Sting Sport out of "San Diego Sport Flyers". Love the airplane... Gillespie is controlled airspace (Delta), and the plane has Radio/Transponder/GPS, so the training is similar to the Private environment.

The school is great. Modern and well run. The instructors are good, and the prices aren't bad.

Had a heck of a time with landings in the light sport. Gusts and crosswinds were tough compared to the Cherokee. I'm told the sting sport can be tough to land.

Well... I'm at 41 hours total. Just did my dual cross country (if you call 60 miles cross country!). So it's the solo this week, plus the checkride prep!

Hope to have the ticket in another nine hours.We'll see!

Good luck, all.
Sport Pilot
SportCruiser, Gobash G700, StingSport
www.SanDiegoSportFlyers.com
not2old2fly

Post by not2old2fly »

How did the solo and checkride go?