New Sport Pilot and Remos G3/600 owner from GA!

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Sailboss

New Sport Pilot and Remos G3/600 owner from GA!

Post by Sailboss »

Hi! I'm Johnnie Poole from Augusta, GA. Took my Sport Pilot Training with SportPlanesFlorida.com at KSRQ in Sarasota in a Remos G3/600. Got my ticket after three weeks and in 20.4 hours Sherman Bilbo had me ready for my checkride on April 5, 2010. I fell in love with the aircraft and told Jim Julius and John Ramos to find me one. And they did! My partner Gene Mohr and I took possession of N224DH from Tom Logan and absolutely got the best G3/600 around. Simply love the aircraft!

I had a head start. In the early 70's I had the unique opportunity to log 140 hours as Recon Systems Operator (RSO) in the back seat of RF-4B Phantom II's with VMCJ-2 in the Marines. And did that as a Sergeant and Staff Sergeant! Before you all get all wobbly about enlisted guys in tactical jets, the Marines have along history of enlisted guys flying and in the 72-74 time frame all the officers were getting out and flying the airlines.

I also worked for 27 years as an Avionics Tech flying around in Corporate stuff from Mitsubishi MU-2's to Gulstreams fixing autopilots and radars. I have the unique distinction of over 1500 hours flying around kneeling between two pilots, so I knew a lot before I started the program. None of that helped me in the last two hundred feet of a landing in an LSA. And I struggled with last three feet like everybody else!

Clear Skies!

Johnnie (Cesspoole) Poole

Sailboss.blogspot.com is the blog and pictures.
"A wholly-owned subsidiary of my wife."

Remos G3 N224DH
drseti

Re: New Sport Pilot and Remos G3/600 owner from GA!

Post by drseti »

Sailboss wrote: Got my ticket after three weeks and in 20.4 hours
Johnnie, you're an inspiration to all my students! Congratulations.
In the early 70's I had the unique opportunity to log 140 hours as Recon Systems Operator (RSO) in the back seat of RF-4B Phantom II's with VMCJ-2 in the Marines.
Thanks for serving. I too enjoyed Uncle Sam's All-Expense-Paid Asian Vacation, but with the USAF, and also as an occasional enlisted GIB. (We had F-4Cs; this was in the late Sixties.)

Enjoy your Remos, and fly safely.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

Congratulations on your ticket and welcome to the boards.
gmohr

Post by gmohr »

Johnnie is a great friend and partner. While we may differ on branches of the military(he Marine and I am retired Army) one could not ask for a better friend.

I am currently training at Atlanta Sport Flight in their Sport Cruiser and have 9.8hrs logged and hope to have my training finished in the next few weeks. I have 12hrs scheduled for the up coming weekend. Hope to solo sometime this weekend.

Gene