Hello from Minnesota. Fursuredontyaknowandyoubetcha

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

SportCubJim

Hello from Minnesota. Fursuredontyaknowandyoubetcha

Post by SportCubJim »

I am an LSA student pilot. I have about 50 hours on a CT. I switched to the Sport Cub this spring after giving up last summer. I am sure glad I tried the Sport Cub before walking away from my dream of becoming a pilot.

For me, the Sport Cub is a much easier plane to land on a short field. The lower speed, quicker energy dissipation, and more forgiving landing gear, have made getting on the ground so much less stressful. Since switching to the Sport Cub I have yet to need more than half of a shorter grass strip to come to stop and turn off. I soloed after 4 hours of transition and just love the Cub and flying again!

I hope to freshen up my skills and be ready for an exam in the next month or so..
Jim
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

Welcome to the boards Jim and good luck with your exam when you are ready.
KSCessnaDriver

Post by KSCessnaDriver »

Welcome. I wouldn't let the whole CT issue get you down. I've flown a few different LSA's and a bunch more non-LSA planes, and I"ll tell you right now the hardest plane to land that I've flown is the CTSW.

Sounds like you're having fun with the cub. Good luck on the checkride when you get to it.
KSCessnaDriver (ATP MEL, Commerical LTA-Airship/SEL, Private SES, CFI/CFII)
LSA's flown: Remos G3, Flight Design CTSW, Aeronca L-16, Jabiru J170