Hello from Sarasota FL!

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Marcus_Newbury

Hello from Sarasota FL!

Post by Marcus_Newbury »

Hi everyone! My name is Marcus and I represent Sport Planes Florida. We are an LSA flight school/dealer in Sarasota, FL. We've been in business for 3 years and graduated 30 pilots. I sell Remos and Jabiru aircraft and look forward to seeing some of you at Oshkosh this year! If you'll be there you are more than welcome to stop by our Remos tent! Check out our website at sportplanesflorida.com
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

Welcome to the boards Marcus. Since I am based out of KGIF I may have to buzz over one day just to say hello. I fly a Lightning LS-1 so I am a fan of the Jabby engine. Have a great time in Oshkosh, I will make it there one of these years.
frfly172

Post by frfly172 »

Welcome I have flown the remos out of sarasota s few times I have the twin will see you at OSH welcome again Ron
flyingclay

Post by flyingclay »

marcus_newberry, curious as to your thoughts on the difference characteristics on the jabiru and remos you sell?
Marcus_Newbury

Remos vs jabiru

Post by Marcus_Newbury »

That's a great question. We chose these 2 planes because in reality they don't compete with eachother. They both have different characteristics that the other doesn't have. We consider the Jabiru to be more of a cross country plane. Being a 4-place in australia it has a much bigger storage capacity with that 3rd door as well as a larger gas tank. It also cruises much faster. It's a little heavier on the stick than the Remos. The remos is more of the sporty plane that is very responsive on the stick and lands so easily. We use the Remo's in our flight school because of that. If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know. We just had a gentleman purchase a Jabiru demonstrator that we will have on the ramp in a couple weeks.