Light Sport Trainers In Northern California???

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

David Rizzio

Light Sport Trainers In Northern California???

Post by David Rizzio »

Hello all!

For the past 9 month's I've been flying at Ocean Air Flight Services ( www.oceanairflightservices.com ) at KWVI in their Tecnam LSA's

They have a P92 Eaglet and a P2002 Sierra (glass panel) which are both _really_ nice, and reasonably priced ( the Eaglet rents at $98/hr ).

But I live in San Jose, and the drive to Santa Cruz is a bit further than I'd like. I didn't mind so much when my girlfriend lived there :-p but she moved in with me. (Yeah, I know, I should have moved in with _her_!!!)

Are there any other flight schools / FBO's in the SF Bay area where I can rent a Tecnam? I tried the Remos and the CT and didn't like how they fly compared to the Tecnams.

Thanks.
rfane

Post by rfane »

David,

At Reid-Hillview there are:

Aerodynamic Aviation has 2 Evektor SportStar's and a Zlin Savage Cub. They also have a Taylorcraft L-2 and Aeronca Champ that are Sport Pilot eligible.

Tradewinds Aviation has a Remos GX.

I believe that is about it from a rental standpoint.
Roger Fane
Former owner of a 2006 Flight Design CTsw