Hi Everybody

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

eddieki

Hi Everybody

Post by eddieki »

Hmmm I thought I had put someting here before

Weii I'm one of them old geezers who wanted to fly all their life. over the years I got a little stick time with friends. But didn't have the funds to take lessons. I have been saving and got started in a flying club. I got about 8 hrs. but put things on hold to make a few improvements on my house so now I have to save again.I want to start up again soon in this new year and hope to solo and then on to the check ride. I got the sportys recreational CD's and have been studying them they are "great", but I an going for the Sport License, then decide what to do from there. at this time I have no desire to fly at night or in controled airspace. I have been takeing lessons in a Taylorcraft BC12. It's a great old airplane but don't have insterments the newer airplanes have, but it is less expensive and uses only a little over 4 GPH. Later on maybe I'll go for the Private. My doctor says I don't have any problems with the Physical. But for now I say why bother. So thats where I am at this time. I'll keep you all posted.
deltafox

Post by deltafox »

Welcome. I hope you can enjoy the journey and we all look forward to reading about your progress.
Dave
skypix

Post by skypix »

Good luck Eddie, welcome to Light Sport flying.

I got my sport pilot ticket in a Flight Design CTLS, a top-o'-line composite airplane but I've put 20 hours in on a J3 Cub that I rent locally for $65/hr wet which is a great way to stay current and the Cub, like the Aeronca, is a wonderful old airplane that teaches you a lot about flying.

Have fun and take it one day at a time.