Hello From Central Texas

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

cvlngineer

Hello From Central Texas

Post by cvlngineer »

Just wanted to say hello!

I am currently a student pilot, but in a couple of weeks, I will be taking my check ride. So hopefully I can come back and change "student pilot" to "private pilot."
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

Welcome to the boards and good luck on your training. We look forward to hearing all the details of your 1st solo flight and checkride.
cvlngineer

Post by cvlngineer »

ArionAv8or wrote:Welcome to the boards and good luck on your training. We look forward to hearing all the details of your 1st solo flight and checkride.
Thanks! My first solo passed awhile back. I will post the details of my check ride in a few weeks, when I get it done.
Are you a Texas pilot?
Visit: TexasAviators.com
drseti

Post by drseti »

Nice to have you on the forum, Civil Engineer (I started out as an EE, before I decided that aeronautics is more fun!) What are you flying?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
cvlngineer

Post by cvlngineer »

drseti wrote:Nice to have you on the forum, Civil Engineer (I started out as an EE, before I decided that aeronautics is more fun!) What are you flying?
Thanks, for the warm welcome everyone!

Aeronautics would definitely be more fun for me. I almost changed over to mechanical and focused on aero, but I was too far along with civil and it would've pushed my graduation back considerably. I was tired of being broke, so I opted to just stick with civil, graduate and get a job :wink:

I'm planning on continuing my training on through instrument, commercial and maybe CFI. I am footing the bill, so it will probably take me a few years to get it done. Then, maybe I can use it to make a little money on the side to help support my flying habit.
Are you a Texas pilot?
Visit: TexasAviators.com