Hello !

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

RHsport

Hello !

Post by RHsport »

I am a student Sport Pilot who has flown over 50 hours in the past 11 months including 24 solo. I have been training under the Private Pilot program because most CFI's do not have any experience of what the standards are for a Sport Pilot. I did an almost 120 mile cross country a couple of weeks ago with 2 full stops using the planes VOR and filed a flight plan with DUATS. On one of my stops I talked with a Sport Pilot DPE and bought a Paul Hamilton book about preparing for the checkride. I showed my CFI the book and he bought one himself, now we know what to do, so I would probably do my Checkride in two weeks, if the weather cooperates.
Rh
ArionAv8or

Post by ArionAv8or »

Welcome to the boards! Sounds like you are getting lots of experience and having fun. Keep up the good work and good luck on your checkride.
RHsport

Post by RHsport »

ArionAv8or wrote:Welcome to the boards! Sounds like you are getting lots of experience and having fun. Keep up the good work and good luck on your checkride.
Thanks, my checkride is for April 11.
Rh
RHsport

Finally !

Post by RHsport »

RHsport wrote:
ArionAv8or wrote:Welcome to the boards! Sounds like you are getting lots of experience and having fun. Keep up the good work and good luck on your checkride.
Thanks, my checkride is for April 11.
I had my checkride on 4-11-2011, encountered high cross winds and gust at 2300 GMT, so I was suppose to do a completion two weeks later. However events overtook me, the plane had to do its annual condition inspection, plus other squaks and adverse weather during the scheduled completion test. So yesterday we did the completion in 30 minutes , a short field , softfield, forward slip and a power out landing within a 1,000 foot designated area in the runway. And finally a smooth normal landing.
It feels great to finally complete this after a year and a half.
Rh
drseti

Post by drseti »

Well, congratulations to the world's newest pilot! Welcome to the fraternity. Fly safely, and have fun.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US